blackchamois

Feedback on counter/backsplash combo (Pics!)

blackchamois
11 years ago
I am STILL debating counter top choices. Ugh! One I am considering is Caesarstone Pebble. Many of the pics (like the two below) pair this counter with a more blue-ish/gray backsplash. However, I would like to pull in more tans.

What do you think of the backsplash in the 3rd photo, to go with Pebble? Any other suggestions?

The last pic are my floors.

Thank you!

Comments (23)

• PRO
    Mona Ives
    11 years ago
    I would look for a backsplash that incorporates more tan - similar to the one you have here but something that incorporates grey and tan together.
  • PRO
    Cynthia Taylor-Luce
    11 years ago
    Oh my gosh, I love the backsplash you showed us! I like that it has the bluish undertone that's in the counter plus it's got the punchy dark tones that bring in your floor. Also, I love the shape and layout of the mosaic which is really fresh and new without being too trendy! I would say 'go for it'!
  • PRO
    Cynthia Taylor-Luce
    11 years ago
    Both are lovely. I thought the contemporary one was exciting fresh and new, but you know best what would feel right for your house. The brick pattern one is gorgeous as well.
  • betsyweisberg
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    Kitchen · More Info

Love the chevron glass, it pulls your tan in. It's modern clean and oh so fresh!
  • PRO
    Cynthia Taylor-Luce
    11 years ago
    Betsy this is a beautiful look and certainly does have tan in it. However, the countertop blackchamois has chosen has a dominant grey tone which might look "off" with this much tan (and no grey). The mosaic blackchamois has offered for discussion continues the blue/grey tone and adds a bit of warm tan as well as the beautiful dark tone that really brings in the floor. I still think you've got a winner with this one :)
  • PRO
    Renaissance Kitchen and Home
    11 years ago
    I would have to agree with Cynthia.

Torry Manzo
  • angelgirls2
    11 years ago
    I totally agree with Cynthia- it's perfect = go for it! :)
  • blackchamois
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Betsy - I do like that tile ... in fact I have that kitchen in my ideabook. I'll keep it in mind for one of the "other" counters I am toying with.

Cynthia, Renaissance and Angel - Thanks so much! I will keep you posted! I think the samples I ordered should be in next week.
  • leilani458
    11 years ago
    Love your choices take a look at the tiles below - from Mixedup Mosaics (pricey) but they have the colors to pull everything together.
  • PRO
    Cynthia Taylor-Luce
    11 years ago
    Leilani, the variation in tones is great but I think this very linear look is getting a wee bit dated. It's been a huge trend for the past five years or so.

I like the size of the pieces in the mosaic blackchamois picked because it reminds me of the proportions of subway tiles which are as classic and timeless as you can get.
  • leilani458
    11 years ago
    Absolutely - I agree - i am not a designer, only a fabricator of Caesarstone and with the color selected for counters i remembered this tile and had to share =)
  • PRO
    Cynthia Taylor-Luce
    11 years ago
    Thank you, it's a really great colour choice!
  • PRO
    Charmean Neithart Interiors
    11 years ago
    Hi blackchamois. I know how much research you have put into this countertop selection from your other posts. You have been a good and diligent consumer, I admire that. I think you have arrived, go for the pebble with the backsplash in the 3rd picture. Then go on to the next decision. I like the stacked pattern better. When you have so much variety of color, a little symmetry of pattern is nice. If it were plain subway tile, I would like the running bond pattern. Double check the quantity you need for your entire backspalsh and get 10% overage. Make sure your order is all from the same batch, this product can vary a shade or two from batch to batch. When your material arrives, check each box for consistency of color before you accept it. You did a great job. What's next?
    Charmean
  • PRO
    Kathryn Peltier Design
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    Take a look at Sonoma Tilemakers - you can choose patterns with your own mix. This is absolutely beautiful tile and will be totally custom for your project. Personally, I think the backsplash you've shown is just a bit busy (but that's without seeing the rest of your finishes, of course)
    http://www.sonomatilemakers.com/MeshBuilder.aspx
  • PRO
    TheIndras.com
    11 years ago
    like the backsplash choice, but would go more with a solid tan Ceasarstone, I personally don't like the pebble look in the Ceasar, but that's just my taste... :)
    My clients just put this kitchen together in a newly built home, pictures are taken with my phone, so not the best quality.
  • moomah
    11 years ago
    If you're looking for gray and tan counters, you should check out Madre Perola quartzite.
  • PRO
    Paige Williams Interior Design
    11 years ago
    I like the choices you have pictured, I would add a small glass/ irridescent tile to the backsplash tiles - this will add a new shiny texture. If you are planning on using stainless steel applicances, the little touch of shimmer will add a lot of impact!
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    I just paired up some sample combinations in the showroom using the caesarstone Pebble.
    The first photo is Caesarstone Pebble paired with Ragno Catwalk Smoket Stilett.
    The second photo is Caesarstone Pebble paired with Ragno Catwalk Sable Slipper.

I aslo paired Ragno Catwalk Smoket Stilett and Sable Slipper with Carsarstone Shitake which has a subtle tan tone in it which brought out the tan that you are trying to accomplish.

These countertop combinations will allow you to put off the tan/ grey theme.

Hope this helps.

Torry Manzo
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Sorry I didn't attach the photo of the Caesarstone Pebble and the Ragno Catwalk Sable Slipper (see attached). Sorry for the confusion.

Torry Manzo
    Renaissance Kitchen anad Home
  • dzachry
    11 years ago
    I think it will look great!
  • bellari
    11 years ago
    This back splash is great! I think it could be incorporated into either warm tones or cooler tones. Very stunning.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    I'm glad you feel the same way I do.
    I just had the opportunity to put this on a new project I am just in the process of finishing.
    I was able to use it in the kitchen(horizonially) and in the livingroom fireplace (vertically).
    It was very impressive, and the clients loved it.
    I can't wait to complete the job and take some finish photos.

Torry Manzo
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.