houzzerpolls

7 Freshly Featured Entries - Which one Gets your Vote?

Houzz Polls
11 years ago
last modified: 11 years ago
These photos are some of the most recently featured entries and foyers on Houzz. Which one is your favorite?

Vote and tell us what you like about it!

photo credit: Alice Lane Home Collection

Comments (34)

• Momof5x
    11 years ago
    I voted Private Residence - Alice Lane Home Collection although I like the farmhouse just as equally. Both have very appealing entrances and furniture pieces I would like in a foyer.

Love the chandeliers, flooring, carpet and the colours of door in farmhouse more. The first one got the vote base on plan layout, rooms at either side of entrance. with staircase at the side. I love these two the most!
  • myosotis
    11 years ago
    Hillside Farmhouse is my favorite with Private Residence a very, very close second.
  • leemerrick
    11 years ago
    Love the ceiling, chandelier, and floor of French Chateaux, but prefer the walls be less busy... Oak Ridge and Loft in the Hills are lovely, but a shade too sterile for my tastes. I chose Private Residence - Alice Lane as being "just right" for my tastes -- they are ALL lovely, though!
  • PRO
    MB Designs
    11 years ago
    Voted for Private Residence...love the door's proportions, design (curved panes) and coloration...also as it relates to the cabinet on the left.
  • jeanne Rodriguez
    11 years ago
    I want to vote for all of them!!!!
  • Randi Crawford
    11 years ago
    So hard to choose, I would take any of them! The Hillside Farmhouse is a dream home, but I ultimately voted for A-List Creative, as i loved the pattern and colors.
  • Lori Fisher_Tindall
    11 years ago
    Voted for Private Residence, but I also love the Hillside Farmhouse almost as much....
  • jeanne Rodriguez
    11 years ago
    After trying to choose I voted #1 for Hillside( love the contrast betwen walls and door, rug,,,accesories)...second place for Private.so elegant!!!
  • SalvageArtisan
    11 years ago
    Voted loft in the hills for it's simplicity, but loved the patina of "private residence".

Love this entry door...

Kellet Project · More Info

It's very modern, and wouldn't fit on my house but lately I'm really into natural materials done in modern sleek ways.
  • PRO
    Portland Remodel
    11 years ago
    The romantic in me had to go with the French Chateaux.
  • Ninja Betic
    11 years ago
    glamour and elegance of the heavy gilded parisian baroque style pendant chndlr , along with a punch of the black and white tiles, Frech Chateux is it!
  • yvonnecmartin
    11 years ago
    None of the above. I think than an entrance should have a place for guests to park wet umbrellas, purses, and backpacks as well as a place to sit when removing wet or snowy shoes. Presumably all have guest closets for coats.
  • inkwitch
    11 years ago
    Love the loft foyer but it was a toss-up between that and Ridge Oak. Love the indoor/outdoor feel of both.
  • PRO
    Reico Kitchen & Bath
    11 years ago
    Love the farmhouse, the brightness of the area and the warmth I felt from the entry area.
  • User
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    Voted Private Residence even though (in my climate) hardwood floors at a main entry is not practical. Second choice is the Hillside Farmhouse however considering its size of space, I feel it has almost too much repetitive rectangular pattern going on. ie: The ceiling, flooring, front door, french doors, moulding on walls. Sometimes, 'less is more'.
    P.S: Not to mention the table, mirror and carpet appear to be rectangles as well.
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    11 years ago
    Hmm .. we don't see a lot full glass front doors in Canada.
  • Emily H
    11 years ago
    I could grab a sleeping bag and live in the Private Residence entry.
  • morgana44
    11 years ago
    They were all so beautiful I had a hard time making a choice...but Private Residence and Hillside Farm are my faves.
  • Cynthia Vinick
    11 years ago
    Private Residence wins my vote, kind of: my finger accidentally touched something & all the sudden I had supposedly voted for I-don't-know-what! Hillside Farm close second, but the barrel ceiling entry with such incredible light just can't be beat, plus all those perfect details.
  • PRO
    Cozy Casita
    11 years ago
    French Chateaux does it for me. Love that (seemingly) vast expanse of fabulously bold floor ! I also like the way the furnishings and artwork in this area are just a hint of the (slightly crazy) colourful 'abundance' of the rest of the place. I'd feel very comfortable there .... Where do I hang my coat ?!
  • PRO
    Contempo Space
    11 years ago
    This was a tough choice, there's a lot to like in this poll!

Loft in the hills is what we finally chose. It does a great job of looking simple and practical at the same time.

The glass doors, light fixture and wow that rug just go so well together!
  • PRO
    RiverCity Cabinets
    11 years ago
    We vote on the Hillside Farmhouse. It's very open, airy and inviting.
  • ellielascari
    11 years ago
    Hillside Farm is my choice. I had a hard time choosing between it and Private Residence, but the Hillside entry is the one I'd most feel welcome to come home to, so it got my vote.
  • PRO
    Merlyn Bost, Artist
    11 years ago
    Exceptional light, the beautiful doors, the barrel ceiling and the staircase off to the side, not the focal point. Those are all the things I love about the "Private Residence" It is casually inviting with a touch of class!
  • acercarol
    11 years ago
    The Loft has a wonderful outdoor view through the door and surrounding windows. I dig the modern finishes; they are so clean and uncluttered. Less fuss and less stuff.
  • biddle08
    11 years ago
    I went with the Hillside Farm...I also had a hard time picking between this one and Private Residence but in the end - Hillside Farm looked very inviting and a door/entry I wish I could have on my house. I loved the black light features with the white floors, walls and ceiling and the big mirror by the door - I could go on and on. Hillside Farm got my vote!!
  • Lynnette Grant
    11 years ago
    I have to say the Loft in the Hills was my vote. The view was just fresh and breathtaking. I love the HIllside Farm and the Private Residence because they are more my style.esthetic, but I am secretly a closet minimalist. The Loft is so simple.
  • lingo480
    11 years ago
    Voted for Loft In The Hills...love the clean lines and modern feel. However, I just cannot abide the chandelier choice...it is SOOO out of character with everything else.
  • Oksana Nikitenko
    11 years ago
    I like French Chateaux style entry by Allan Malouf Studio. This is kind of airy space that gives You sense of freedom with notes of elegance and art. Also fits for those who likes guests in big doses :)
  • Elaine
    11 years ago
    French Chateaux...exquisite furniture,stunning art, sophisticated....absolutely gorgeous...this is the entrance that makes me want to see the rest of the home!
  • Sigrid
    10 years ago
    Not one had a doormat inside or out. I guess in Houzzland, it's never muddy.
  • PRO
    Shakuff
    9 years ago
    so many to choose from!
  • PRO
    Atlas Custom Cabinets Ltd
    9 years ago
    A list creative - I like the simple style
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.