crocodilem

Transom Window Treatment DILEMMA!

Mandela
11 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Transom Window in Master Bedroom I have a problem with this wall in the master bedroom. Ideally I would put a curtain with white lace to cover both the transom window and the one underneath (i.e. curtain up the whole wall). However, in a design oversight, I had installed a fixed shelf on the right side of the wall. Now I can't decide what to do!

Comments (5)

• charleee
    11 years ago
    Why not install a lace valance type curtain to cover the transoms and then a matching one for the window?

Or, you could put roll-up blinds on the transom (I believe they come in white) and a lacy curtain on the window. I would put 2 roll-up blinds, not 4, to keep a clean look.
  • Donald
    11 years ago
    I'd cover the transoms with a lace window film, and then cover the window with the curtain you want.
  • feeny
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    Do you want to cover the transoms for the sake of decoration? Or to block light for sleeping? If the latter, then lace wouldn't have worked very well in the first place. If the former, why cover them at all? I understand that the main window needs to be covered for privacy, but the transoms could be left open if light isn't the issue.
  • PRO
    Matt Patterson Custom Homes
    11 years ago
    try sheers inside the window frames
  • PRO
    JMittman Designs
    11 years ago
    Lace? With that bright yellow?
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.