lritz

SEASIDE KITCHEN - SILVER LINING POST FLOOD

lritz
11 years ago
Just as the finishing touches to a year long major renovation to our seaside second home were happening...disaster hit...a water supply line to a powder room toilet gave way and the whole place flooded. We had to start all over. The original renovation did NOT include the kitchen...but as a result of the flood the kitchen had to be pulled out so we decided to take down a wall and include the kitchen in round two of renos! Another year later we are now complete...again...and the new kitchen makes all the heartache and hard work worth it. We love it.

Comments (43)

• lindacess
    11 years ago
    what sort of flooring is that
  • Heather Colan
    11 years ago
    love it and those tiles are fabulous, enjoy
  • PRO
    Mary Dancey Interiors
    11 years ago
    Sorry you had to go through the emotional and financial issues that come with a flood but WOW you now have a very nice kitchen. I bet you don't miss that old light fixture either! :)
  • PRO
    BeachyRustica.com
    11 years ago
    Beautiful... very inspiring!
  • Mary Ruth
    11 years ago
    Beautiful, I know you love the NEW lighting (that old light box makes the ceiling dark) and I love the look and the backsplash! Beautiful job!
  • gottoshop
    11 years ago
    This is my dream kitchen! Love the soft changes in the backsplash and the cabinets are fantastic. Nothing like a white and watery blue seaside kitchen! Enjoy!
  • gottoshop
    11 years ago
    This is my dream kitchen! Love the soft changes in the backsplash and the cabinets are fantastic. Nothing like a white and watery blue seaside kitchen! Enjoy!
  • Lois Mullins
    11 years ago
    love it job well done.
  • PRO
    Gabberts Design Studio
    11 years ago
    Very nicely done! A lot of hard work and it shows!
  • nasmijati
    11 years ago
    Absolutely beautiful!

Do you have a microwave oven in this kitchen? Where did you put it? I am thinking that the dark area with two blue lights on the end of the kitchen island is a dishwasher.
  • nasmijati
    11 years ago
    Absolutely beautiful!

Do you have a microwave oven in this kitchen? Where did you put it? I am thinking that the dark area with two blue lights on the end of the kitchen island is a dishwasher.
  • PRO
    Paradise Restored Landscaping & Exterior Design
    11 years ago
    This kitchen is easy to love! So sorry to hear about your lengthy reno due to crisis! You are right tho - in the end adversity strengthens self-empowerment and in this case propelled you toward fabulous!
  • Judy Kelly
    11 years ago
    I'm guessing the thing at the end of the island is a wine fridge.
  • lritz
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    The microwave is on the back side of the island and yes that's a wine fridge on the end of the island.
  • Viva Manchester
    11 years ago
    This is my dream kitchen! Can you please share sources for light fixtures and blacksplash tiles. Thanks!
  • lritz
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    The backsplash tiles are from a Canadian company called Interstyle..Trumpet series split 50/50 between glossy Iceberg and glossy Soft Grey. The lighting over the island was from Restoration Hardware and the pendants over the penninsula are made by Hudson Valley...purchased at McLaren Lighting in Victoria, British Columbia.
  • PRO
    Tina Gleisner
    11 years ago
    I wonder if having a beautiful backsplash encourages people to get rid of the clutter on their counter tops, as the comparison doesn't feel equal? ... and yes, my hot button is clearing the clutter in our homes from the counter tops to unnecessary kitchen gadgets & more (read more http://www.hometips4women.com/kitchen-gadgets-for-the-holidays)
  • PRO
    Reico Kitchen & Bath
    11 years ago
    Great job! Love it all, especially the flooring and it's impact on the entire room.
  • PRO
    purehome
    10 years ago
    Gorgeous! The cabinets and light fixtures really make a statement!
  • grewa002
    10 years ago
    Love it! Great job!
  • grewa002
    10 years ago
    The backsplash, the countertops, perfect!
  • PRO
    Sustainable Dwellings
    10 years ago
    I like it.
  • grobby
    10 years ago
    Beautiful!
  • saratogaswizzlestick
    10 years ago
    Just beautiful . I love your backsplash, the pretty brackets, wonderful countertop and you even have a wine fridge! Not often that you see a kitchen that couldn't use a tweak here or there.
  • PRO
  • PRO
    Subway Tile Outlet
    10 years ago
    I love the backsplash! Are they glass tiles? Such a beautiful kitchen! Love the space.
  • PRO
    Michael Lee, Inc
    10 years ago
    wow! very nice transformation
  • sbrustein
    10 years ago
    What a gorgeous kitchen!
  • dclostboy
    10 years ago
    Am I the only one that noticed the artwork? Who is the artist?
  • njmomma777
    10 years ago
    Stunning! I know how you feel, my new kitchen was due to a house fire. Stressful, but 2 years later, I know I could never have anything so nice if it wasn't for that unexpected catastrophe! Thankfully no one was harmed, of course!
  • Tara
    10 years ago
    Gorgeous
  • grewa002
    10 years ago
    Love it, i frequently go back and look at your pictures.
    What is the fabric of the pillows on the chairs?
    Thanks!
  • senab
    10 years ago
    Okay do I need to flood my house to get this? ;) Love this.
  • PRO
    Signature Home Services
    10 years ago
    Beautiful!
  • Lynda Coto
    10 years ago
    Great job!
  • PRO
  • grewa002
    9 years ago
    May i ask you a- what is the countertop material.
  • lritz
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Countertop is Carrera marble
  • grewa002
    9 years ago
    Do you have nay trouble with stains. I am thinking of putting it in my kitchen, and we had it in my house as a kid, and do not recall any problems.
    I love your kitchen, I keep looking at it for inspiration. It is my favorite in all of houzz
  • PRO
    Haute House Design
    7 years ago

Great transformation! Spacious and well lit!

• PRO
    Wesley-Wayne Interiors, LLC
    7 years ago

Looks great! Sorry you had that disaster happen, but the final product is gorgeous!

• PRO
    Mega Builders
    7 years ago

Beautifully done!

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.