dsommerl

matching Leviton to Lutron switch colors

dsommerl
15 years ago

Am at the point in my kitchen remodel where I'm selecting wall switches and recepticals. Am going with a mix of Lutron Maestro and Diva's--along with basic paddle switches etc.

Can anyone advise on whether the Leviton Almond and light Almond colors in their recepts and switches and wall plates--matches well with Lutron's Almond or light almond switches and recepts?

Comments (7)

• dsommerl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

To add more detail.
    The reason for this Q is that apparently Lutron does not make 20 amp paddle switches (for disposers)---nor 20 amp GFI and regular recepts---where as--for example--Leviton does.
    My intent was to go with Lutron on all the switches--a mix of Diva--Maestro and paddles in either light almond or almond and then go with Leviton on the recepts--IF---those would fairly closely match in color. Same with the switch plates--especially in multi gang configurations.

I don't want to go with the Lutron Claro plates (screwless) as have been told they stick out farther than normal screw in plates (not to mention their extra cost vs screw plates).

• paul_ma
    15 years ago

Well, the switch for the disposer can be avoided with an air switch. And the GFI can be avoided by going with a GFI breaker on the circuit. Then you could stick entirely with Lutron.

Otherwise I can't answer your question.

• astridh
    15 years ago

I have a Lutron catalog for dimmers and accessories in front of me right now, and they do have 20 A and 15 A GFCI receptacles. I have some Claro screwless plates, and I like the look. They don't stick out that far. They do cost more, though.

• maydl
    15 years ago

If you have the time (couple of weeks for delivery by mail), call Lutron and request their color sample "keychains." Then take them to a Leviton dealer and match them up side-by-side.

• PRO
    Josh Partee | Architectural Photographer
    8 years ago

thanks! was googling for this very answer. I appreciate it.

• uscpsycho
    7 years ago

I wonder how far one can generalize from the almond matching. I'm trying to figure out if the red colors from Leviton and Lutron match.

Sponsored
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.