terispec

Shower panel vs. shower door

terispec
9 years ago
I am replacing a tub with an approx. 30 x 50 inch shower. I want to have a fixed shower panel rather than a door, but I have been told there will be too much splash. Feedback please!

Comments (4)

• PRO
    Fenstermann LLC
    9 years ago
    Hey There...that's totally right. Just a glass panel will not do the work. I went thru this myself with a new shower and I had to add a glass door at the end...you can also try to go with a sliding door - this leaves you the flexibility of closing or not...Good Luck
    terispec thanked Fenstermann LLC
  • PRO
    Brickwood Builders, Inc.
    9 years ago
    Agree that you will need a door.
    terispec thanked Brickwood Builders, Inc.
  • marilynellis
    9 years ago
    Rimless glass enclosure with door will still give you the feel you are liking for.
    terispec thanked marilynellis
  • PRO
    bespoke design
    9 years ago
    I personally love the simplicity of not having a shower door. It keeps the look clean + modern. If you have the appropriate amount of tile / waterproof surfaces throughout your bathroom, splashes will happen, but won't be a practical issue, especially if the shower itself is sloped properly. The image I am using here has a chainmaille shower curtain that was installed as a back-up in case the water splashing was an issue, but ended up never being used.
    terispec thanked bespoke design
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.