barbadosbybus

Trouble finding tile in Toronto for hopscotch pattern floor

barbadosbybus
9 years ago
Hi! I live in Toronto and want to lay my kitchen floor in a hopscotch pattern, with white 12x12 and black 2x2 tile. I had thought of ordering the tile from Fireclay in California, but with the Canadian dollar plummeting in value, am having second thoughts and trying to source the tile more locally. However, I'm having a really hard time finding appropriate tile to do it with. I've looked at the websites for major stores like Olympia and Saltillo, and visited various tile shops, all with very little success. Am I missing something? How can it be so hard to find black and white tile in these sizes?? Any suggestions that would help me avoid cross-border shopping would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (2)

• partim
    9 years ago
    I'm in Toronto too. When we needed smaller tiles, we ended up buying mosiac tiles which are small tiles glued to a mesh backing. We just cut the mesh and used them individually.

What is on the website is a small fraction of what a big tile store has. I think you need to call or go in.
    barbadosbybus thanked partim
  • barbadosbybus
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thanks, partim, that's a really good idea about cutting the mesh.
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.