scottevie

Has anyone heard reviews or have personally used Talostone?

scottevie
9 years ago
Hi, I've been shown a sample of stone that closely replicates the caesarstone I want but works out about $1000 cheaper. I think the product was Talostone? French vanilla. Has anyone here used this product or are able to provide feedback on it? Thanks

Comments (17)

• Sharon Bouchard
    8 years ago

I had not heard of it before but now I have searched on houzz - sure enough there are photos of it. It looks like a pretty high quality finish. Is it? Did you get some?

http://www.houzz.com.au/photos/query/Talostone/nqrwns

scottevie thanked Sharon Bouchard
  • PRO
    TALOSTONE - Finest Quartz Surfaces
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

TALOSTONE's slab sizes are, depending on colour, 3240x1640x20mm or 3050x1600x20mm. The 1600 height make it a lot more economical when cutting. this means a standard kitchen will only require 1 slab as oposed to two or more if other brands were used. Other brands are only 1440mm in height. That is another of many advantages to specify TALOSTONE for your next project.

• scottevie
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

We had this installed in our new kitchen earlier this year. Originally wanted to go with caesarstone london grey but it is closer to alpine mist in appearance. We are very happy with the finish. It has a nice evenly distributed and subtle creamy vein and is pretty close to the dulux white duck paint we have on walls. It hasn't been tested out enough to really comment on durability.

• PRO
    8 years ago

Talostone equivelant to London Grey is Carrara Gold. This is far more economical than any of the Calacatta stones on the market. the slab size of 3240x1640x20mm again make it much cheaper to use than the London Grey

• Katerina Karayiannis
    7 years ago

how does it compare to a product I have found RHF Quartz ? does anyone know the price difference?

• Katerina Karayiannis
    7 years ago

Scottevie are you happy with Talostone?

• PRO
    7 years ago

Hi Katerina, the best way is to inspect Talostone products in full slabs physically. Then you can compare with others to know which one you like the best. We don't say that our colours are the best natural looking ones. We would like our clients to decide which one is the right choice for them. Thanks.

• scottevie
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Happy with our choice. I can't comment on how it compares with similar products though as have only lived with timber or laminate bench tops in past. It has withstood several clumsy knocks from pulling pots out of dishwasher (we didn't go with an under mounting sink so can't comment on that). I've noticed one tiny (pin head) sized chip to surface on island but this part of bench gets a lot of use (not sure what caused it). No staining from my messy little artists either.

• Toni French
    3 years ago

Scottevie are you still happy with it? I’m just about to do my kitchen with the product

• mummagabz
    3 years ago

Rhys11, Ive just put talostone classic Carrara in our new build, weve only been here a couple of weeks, but happy so far, Ive had Quantam quartz and ceaserstone before, no difference in quality etc...

one thing i liked about talostone was their customer service, far superior to any other stone place we went to.

• Toni French
    3 years ago

Mummagabz thanks for that. The kitchen designer is really keen on Ceaser. I’ve got it in my bathrooms but not totally wrapped in it. I can’t do real stone as I am too messy. I really like the look of the Talostone. You’ve convinced me to go with it.

• scottevie
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Sorry for slow reply. I am still happy with our bench tops (approx 5 years old now). Only a a couple of tiny chips on the mitred edges in the most used areas that could easily be smoothed out. My child gave it a good walk the other day with some dropped crockery and it broke that not the bench. Maybe its a good thing our everyday dinner set is a target cheapie. No discolouration noted.

• Toni French
    3 years ago

Scottevie thanks as it was a newer product to caeser I was wondering longer term. You have been really help

• Toni French
    3 years ago

Helpful

• mummagabz
    3 years ago

Ive done Quatum quartz in my bathrooms and laundry, purely because i preferred the colour. I liked talostone because i could get a big slab, 3200x1200, in my preferred colour. It gave me an additional 20cm which is substantial, compared to ceaserstone and QQ.

• Carita Wood
    2 years ago

Do anyone know how much one slab 3200x 1600 of Talostone colour calacutta gold honed finish is?

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.