eliotkoey

Bathrooms: Clean Minimalist or Lush Art Deco? Considerations?

Eliot Koey
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago
Hi folks,
My wife and I often have "yay or nay" discussions about the dream house we'd like to build in the future and this is one issue that often comes into contention:

Art deco or minimalist? What works well for a bathroom in the long term, aesthetics and sustainability wise in the long term? Are there any other important things to consider?

I'd love to hear from those with experience building their own places, or from the professionals who understands these issues as well.

Thanks a lot!

Light, Minimalist & Contemporary Bathroom Design · More Info

Comments (4)

• Kim Dring
    9 years ago
    I like the aesthetics of both styles, but for cleaning - minimalist lines usually win hands down. In a bathroom, ability to easily clean easily is so important.
  • PRO
    Eliot Koey
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    Thanks Kimley, I agree with the ease of maintenance for minimalism, but I wonder if becomes dreary and harsh on the senses after a few years. I'd like to find a middle ground inspiration if there is one.
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    9 years ago

Even if a bathroom is art deco it can still be clean. There are some amazing designs that comprise your minimalist aspirations whilst still reflecting art deco themes. The difference is that one is more "flexible"" than the other... It boils down to how daring you want to be... (and tiles are expensive to buy and replace)

Art Deco Bathroom · More Info

Jeton Collection Bath · More Info

• PRO
    Eliot Koey
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thanks ASVInteriors! I think your example shows that art deco inspiration is possible, and perhaps an experienced and talented designer will be able to keep it sustainable as well. Yes, I understand price will always be a factor, especially in a beautifully lush looking bathroom.

Really love the Jeton Collection Bath.
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.