katcres

Thermador 36" pro dual fuel range and hood

K C
9 years ago
There is a great promotion on right now and we are looking for a range and hood and need to make a decision asap for a new home. We had decided to go with Thermador because we would save so much. Is it really as horrible as the reviews I've been reading?

Comments (13)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    9 years ago

I think thatis a decision you will have to make .

• trove
    9 years ago
    See consumers then check Amazon you know consumers give Thermador built in refrig excellent I k don't know a our ranges looks nice
  • PRO
    Thermador Home Appliances
    9 years ago

Hello, katcres. Thank
    you for considering Thermador. For more than eleven decades, Thermador has brought
    innovation and true performance to the American kitchen with meticulously
    crafted appliances designed to appeal to the most discriminating culinary
    enthusiast. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have on our
    appliances, and encourage you to contact us by email at ThermadorCare@bshg.com.

• LA Rio
    8 years ago

What did you choose? We are very wary of the Thermador product (looking at 48" steam) because of the horrendous reviews...and yet we hear it is the least repaired brand. Ugh...the conflicting information is maddening.

• Sunshine Harmon
    8 years ago
    Our remodel is under way, and we will have the 48" pro grand installed within the next week or two, (probably the latter). I'm anxious to experience it, and hope everything goes smoothly. I'll swing by to update after I've had a few weeks with it. (:
  • kdyip
    7 years ago

I'm about ready to remodel and I'm considering Thermador range with griddle.

• Sunshine Harmon
    7 years ago
    It's been almost a year since we had our kitchen completed and the 48" thermador grand...we had to go to battle to get it replaced since upon install the main oven didn't work, and the installer shorter one of the burners and thermador didn't have any of the needed parts IN THE COUNTRY...
    After weeks of back and forth, and multiple repair visits, the appliance store replaced the unit completely. Problems with the main oven computer has been an issue--the need to reset at the breaker, due to Error Message(s), and the timer abruptly stopping. Awaiting a repair visit today, and coincidentally I got a notification of a comment on this thread, so I thought I'd update my experience.
  • kdyip
    7 years ago

Yikes!

• smittyb
    7 years ago

We too have had issues with our Thermador Pro Grand 36 AG. 6 visits by techs, We keep getting a check cooling fan error even though the fans are running. I wonder how many times they have to come out before they replace or refund?

• chloebud
    7 years ago

You'll find nightmare reviews with just about anything you research. It's best to go for features you like vs. any certain brand. The home we bought almost 4 years ago has a 48" Thermador range top and hood. No complaints yet!

• susan bompadre
    7 years ago
    I am on my second Thermador. First one lasted 17 years. I have 36 inch duel fuel professional series - love it. I get the error code also and have to reset breaker. It's no big deal..has only happened 3 times in as many years.
  • smittyb
    7 years ago
    How about we get that error code in every key family moment. Christmas was a nightmare. The code just would not reset after three breaker resets. I had to finish Christmas dinner on my grill outside. We shouldnt have to live with resetting breakers because the electronics are heat sensitive. Its a 7300 dollar range. It should just perform as advertised and when it doesnt Thermador should make good on its warranty
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.