cbachara

Need advice regarding brick for patio

cbachara
11 years ago
I would like to use used brick for an area around our pool but the cost may be prohibitive. Is it possible to find wood mold brick pavers that have the same look as used brick?

Comments (2)

• PRO
    Brickwood Builders, Inc.
    11 years ago
    Our decorative concrete provider does a wood look stamped concrete that would work for your situtation. I am sure there are others throughout the country that do this. Here is an example.
  • PRO
    Platinum Site Development
    11 years ago
    With the advances in paver production over the last 10 years, the cost of producing paving stones has come down substantially. Unfortunately as an ex manufacturer I can tell you that operating costs and raw materials has skyrocketed. That being said, if this is a DIY project, there are lots of economy or off-shoot manufacturers that make products that are just as good as the name brands. Concrete is concrete, it cant be changed much, the quality and care that goes into making them is what makes the difference and brings the cost up.

Remember the more complicated the design of the paver, the more money you will spend per SF. Also the more processes that goes into production of the paver the more you will pay per SF. For example a random 5 piece set with 3 color blend that is tumbled or antiqued, will cost roughly three times the cost of a basic Holland or 4'x8" paver in a single color. With the right design, a Holland stone project can be made to look timeless.

If you need any advice, please feel free to ask!
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.