jenstone16

Downsizing Dilemma

jenstone16
8 years ago

Hey there,

So, my husband and I are currently in the process of downsizing from a 5 bedroom/4 bathroom house in Willow Glen into a small 2 bed/2 bath apartment for a year before we make a purchase on another house in the area after the market takes a dive here soon.

What is the best way to accessorize a small space after having over 2600 sq ft to work with for so long? 1300 sq ft can only incorporate SO much stuff at a time. Any must haves for a small apartment with a cute fireplace area and outside patio for 2 newlyweds and their 4 yr old boxer puppy???

Any help would be much a predicated. Thanks Houzz team!!!! I used to work for you guys in Palo Alto before my husband and I relocated to San Luis Obispo area for a while for his job, but now we are back in Willow Glen and happier than ever. Hope all is well and hope to hear from u soon with some great design ideas.

-Jenn Johnson :)

Comment (1)

• PRO
    Gallin Beeler Design Studio
    8 years ago

Pick two or three favorite pieces for each room from your current collection and highlight them. Less is more and blank space will bring focus to what is most important to you.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.