anastasia_spathis

plywood walls

how do you fix them if using a whole wall with plywood as a feature?
can you use silicone?
DesignBUILD Expo Sydney 2015 · More Info

Comments (4)

• PRO
    Austral Plywoods Pty Ltd
    8 years ago

Hi Anastasia, we would recommend using either Interior AC or BB (for the more natural look) in 9mm or 12.5mm thicknesses. Fix with fixing pins or countersunk screws to batons in the required spacing, silicon or wood putty over the top of the pins/screws to seal the wood. If you are after an express joint look, paint batons black, fix the ply to the batons in 5-10mm spacings. My email is lizan.yee@australply.com.au if you require any samples or more information! Thanks for the question. Cheers, Lizan

• Anastasia Spathis
    Original Author
    8 years ago

thank you. Have just emailed you requirements. Much appreciated to receive feedback and for your ideas and suggestions. Cheers

• bradlesjnr
    8 years ago
    If you didn't want to use mechanical fixings, you could use a T-rex or sikaflex , or similar. Will hold perfect.
  • Anastasia Spathis
    Original Author
    8 years ago

thank you, yes not keen to use a mechanical fixing, but keen to have a sold fixing.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.