lindag002002

NEED CURB APPEAL FOR 50'S HOUSE

lindag002002
8 years ago

Hi All - this is a rental house that we're putting on the
market. Can anyone suggest some changes that might make it have more curb
appeal ? (Besides trimming the big tree in front!)

Also, we think we should buy a window covering for the picture
window. Any suggestions on what might look appealing from the outside?

Thank you!

Comments (9)

• lindag002002
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thanks! Any ideas on color? The roof and exterior soffits are pale green (hard to see in the photo), does a bright green door seem right?

• jck910
    8 years ago

I'd just paint door. How BM azores AF-495

• brickln
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

What color is it now? I wouldn't paint over natural wood. Teal or glossy white would help it stand out. Move the bush that slightly blocks the stairs. Hanging plants or a flower basket on the door.

Good luck with the sale!

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Adorable...are you sure you don't want to save it for the future when you want to downsize?

Black...outline the windows.

Brucewood · More Info

• Chiara
    8 years ago

paint you door a naples blue, and pair trim around windows as well. I noticed an iron piece, if you took a durable spray paint and did it in a cream. Also along walk way add small shrubs like succulents, lavender, and chamomile. and flowers. Also invest in some nice lights up the path. Also get some flower bushes and plant them in the very front of the yard where you have those small shrubs.

• lindag002002
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thank you all for these not-very-expensive ideas!

• PRO
    Tommy Young Construction
    8 years ago

You have a lot of different colors (brick on the porch planter, brick on the house, ironwork on the porch and ironwork on the grate) so I agree with painting the brick...would totally change the look. If you don't want to go to that expense, freshen up the landscaping and ad a new porch light. The window covering also will change the look. You could always go with 2" wooden blinds to keep it simple, but maybe a decorator will chime in on that. Whatever you choose, I would keep the same look in both windows for uniformity. Hope this helps!

• grapefruit1_ar
    8 years ago

I would paint the wrought iron white. Paint the door a brighter color, remove the meatball bush, and replace with some new plants.

I would not add window treatments because they are too taste specific. We recently bought a second home and the first thing that I did was take down the 2 inch brown wooden blinds!!

Good luck with your sale!

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.