tommyflan

POLL: Water - tap, filtered or bottled?

Tom Flanagan
8 years ago

I drink a lot of water, and the first thing I do in the morning is grab a glass and fill it up from the tap. But here in London, there's an argument that you should filter it - some even claim you should stick to bottled!

Of course, it depends where you live and what you have access to, but do you have a preference when it comes to water? Is it tap, filtered or bottled for you? Vote away!

Forest Hills Residence - Porch · More Info

Tap
Filtered
Bottled
I have other mysterious ways to get water...

Comments (9)

• Karin Madgwick
    8 years ago
    I save the boiled water from my kettle and keep it at room temperature.
  • marghauxm
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

We have a well - effectively our own source of spring water - so we don't need to buy bottled but we do filter.

• blackroses191191
    8 years ago

tap water all the way for me. I fill a glass bottle with it and keep it in the fridge for when cold water is the only thing that will do.

• PRO
    Cowen Garden Design
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

We 'inherited' a fridge freezer, when we bought this little house, which has a link directly from the water pipe into the fridge via a filter. Absolute bliss putting the glass under the dispenser and having cool, clear water delivered! As it came with the house I can't work out whether we bought a very expensive fridge with a very cheap house or vice versa!

• ray_ray_
    8 years ago
    Live in London but will always drink tap. I drink a lot of water and rarely drink other fluids so bottled water would be an expensive (and environmentally unfriendly) habit to have. Don't waste my time with filtered either - unlike many other countries, we have the luxury of getting decent water right out of our taps.
  • PRO
    Syed Ali
    7 years ago

London water is full of chlorine and the water pipes are more than 50 year old. You don't even know what are you drinking. At the same time you don't even know the source of bottled water. And again risk of exposure to the sun is also involve in bottled water. Pollutant water is main cause of water born diseases. With purified water every food and drink taste better. We have world number 1 water purifier. Purifying is step a head of filtration. You can have purified water straight from your tap by using our purifier.

• AMB
    7 years ago
    No one in the first world should be buying bottled water, it's so bad for the environment! And yes tap water might taste bad, but you should be very grateful it doesn't kill you and you don't have to walk miles to get it everyday.
  • lisa77226
    7 years ago
    I used to drink tap water at home (Canada) but I cannot drink tap water here in the UK so I rely on bottled. I tried not thinking anything of it but it sent me running to the loo!! I know it's not that the water is undrinkable but that my body didn't grow up on it and so is isn't used to the bacterias etc so I stick to bottled! I can tell too when the bottled is simply filtered tap water because that also sends me running! I use filtered water for the kettle at home and that seems to be ok.
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.