mehri_nik

USB socket for my counter top - what is available and how to do it?

Mehri Nik
8 years ago

Hi everyone, I find myself move my USB adapter from room to room to room. I live in a condo and have a kitchen table that we often use. I want to add a USB socket on top of it which can be used as a stationary USB adapter for my phones. A multiple or quadruple socket would be good. I need to the know following: 1- What sockets are available? superchargers? 2- How can I best do this? I have to carve out the table top 3- Should I look for a socket that has a cover? (e.g. water spilling on it)

Thanks,

Looking to install the flat USB socket to around the chocolate.

This is from underneath showing the table top and my existing electrical socket which I think I will utilize to draw power from.

Comments (4)

• PRO
    Ellsworth Design Build
    8 years ago
    It is not safe to have an outlet in the counter. Too easy to short with water. Home centers sell outlets to replace existing outlets that have sub chargers built in, it's a direct change out. That's what we did on the end of our cabinet run.
  • Jennifer Abbott
    8 years ago

Lowes or Home Depot (I can't remember which) has a shelf you mount to the wall, and it has a built in usb charger.

• Mehri Nik
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

This is USB so I highly doubt the voltage can be unsafe. But again, I am open to feedback. I can also simply extend a USB port to counter top rather than having a full socket there but once again I am looking for ideas for parts and also how to carve this out (e.g. what tools I need?)

• PRO
    EVOlineStore
    5 years ago

We supply a serious amount of different systems with USB chargers. Checkout this video:

Of course also available with UL power sockets. Take a look at our Latest News

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.