buckleup2000

Headlights all foggy

Luke Buckle
8 August 2015
last modified: 9 August 2015

Has anyone else had this happened to their headlights and do you know how to fix it?
It's a Volvo. If that matters.
Thanks for any advice!

Comments (13)

• LouieT

Hi Luke, hubby says you can diy with a product from most auto resellers like Repco, Supercheap etc. It is a three part process or you can pay an aftermarket professional would charge about $75 per headlight in Brisbane.

We have a mechanical workshop and it is a common problem with all plastic headlights :))

• Luke Buckle
    I can cope with a three part process if it saves me a chunk of cash. Thanks Louise!
  • tarotlova
    My husband used a cut & polish paste to clean my lights worked a charm!
  • Luke Buckle
    Thanks @tarotlova!
  • karenleonn
    Hi Luke my son who is also Luke swears by toothpaste!!! Bit of rubbing involved but worth it!
  • Luke Buckle
    Trying each of these techniques this weekend.
  • havingfun

let us know luke, if you are talking strictly fog, can you use the sheets you use on your eye glasses?

• karenleonn
    How did those lights come up??
  • Luke Buckle

Would you believe I still am yet to find the time to do it! Will try again next weekend.

• havingfun

gd luck!

• havingfun

Hey luke, or any aussie, someone needs to know if their exterior paint scheme will work, or just look like a big black hole.

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/exterior-update-dsvw-vd~3410989

Luke Buckle thanked havingfun
  • Luke Buckle

I did it! Finally!

Having tried toothpaste and @tarotlova's suggestion of a cut & polish paste, I eventually went with @LouieT's idea and found a 3M branded 3-part process involving a power drill to spin a range of circular sandpapers and sponges with a paste applied to the latter.

It really did go well, though took at least an hour on each light.

It looks like this and cost around $50

Video Instructions where handy too...

Thanks for all your help, Houzzers!

Singapore
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.