buckleup2000

Headlights all foggy

Luke Buckle
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Has anyone else had this happened to their headlights and do you know how to fix it?
It's a Volvo. If that matters.
Thanks for any advice!

Comments (13)

• LouieT
    8 years ago

Hi Luke, hubby says you can diy with a product from most auto resellers like Repco, Supercheap etc. It is a three part process or you can pay an aftermarket professional would charge about $75 per headlight in Brisbane.

We have a mechanical workshop and it is a common problem with all plastic headlights :))

• Luke Buckle
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    I can cope with a three part process if it saves me a chunk of cash. Thanks Louise!
  • tarotlova
    8 years ago
    My husband used a cut & polish paste to clean my lights worked a charm!
  • Luke Buckle
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Thanks @tarotlova!
  • karenleonn
    8 years ago
    Hi Luke my son who is also Luke swears by toothpaste!!! Bit of rubbing involved but worth it!
  • Luke Buckle
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Trying each of these techniques this weekend.
  • havingfun
    8 years ago

let us know luke, if you are talking strictly fog, can you use the sheets you use on your eye glasses?

• havingfun
    8 years ago

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/yearbook-memories-dsvw-vd~3310829?n=2
    please remember to put your memories here, thanks

• karenleonn
    8 years ago
    How did those lights come up??
  • Luke Buckle
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Would you believe I still am yet to find the time to do it! Will try again next weekend.

• havingfun
    8 years ago

gd luck!

• Luke Buckle
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I did it! Finally!

Having tried toothpaste and @tarotlova's suggestion of a cut & polish paste, I eventually went with @LouieT's idea and found a 3M branded 3-part process involving a power drill to spin a range of circular sandpapers and sponges with a paste applied to the latter.

It really did go well, though took at least an hour on each light.

It looks like this and cost around $50

Video Instructions where handy too...

Thanks for all your help, Houzzers!

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.