teresalm

How to get hard water stains off carrera marble?

teresalm
8 years ago
We had our kitchen backsplash installed and it beautiful. Except when he rinsed the grout off he used our outside faucet (which is not hooked up to our water softer ) and I can't seem to get the hard water stains off our greecian carrera marble. I have tried calling tile cleaners to have steam cleaned, but they don't clean marble. I need advice, please. Pretty please.

Comments (8)

• teresalm
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Outlines of where the water dried. No rusting, just dull like when how it looks on glass when not dried while wet.
  • PRO
    MarbleSeal Technologies
    8 years ago

You may have some etching on the stones that have lost their gloss. You will probably have to have a marble restoration company fix that. If you are in either the DFW area or in Southern Cal. I can recommend one for you. What material do you have on your counter tops?

• teresalm
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    I live in Eastern Washington. My countertop is quartz.
  • PRO
    MarbleSeal Technologies
    8 years ago

I would suggest searching for a marble restoration guy there. Not in our geography.

• teresalm
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    I will. Thank you.
  • Kivi
    8 years ago
    I don't really see what you are referring to as hard water stains. I doubt that just washing the grout with your outside water would leave a visible layer over the whole stone surface. Also there would not be enough water left on the stone after wiping to accumulate much mineral deposit.
    I suspect that the stone surface was abraded/etched by either working a sanded grout into the joints, or did the installer perhaps use an acidic cleaner? How different is the surface compared to an unused tile?
  • Kivi
    8 years ago
    Or is there still just a bit of grout haze on the stone...
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.