rhian_atta

Keep it or return it?

Rhian Atta
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I just bout this rug and I am not sure it fits in my space. I can not put my finger on it, not sure if it is the colors or the pattern. I feel that the colors are overpowering the entire space, what do you think? Keep it or return it? Any ideas to make it work better with the space?

Living Room Ideas · More Info

Comments (10)

• smit2380
    8 years ago

It looks too small for the space.

Rhian Atta thanked smit2380
  • charleee
    8 years ago

I think I would return it and look for a larger geometric pattern, in black and white. If you're looking to add color you could do it with your coffee table accessories and maybe a throw over one of your sofas.

Rhian Atta thanked charleee
  • amanda_seaton8
    8 years ago
    I think if you got rid of black coffee table...or perhaps painted it a cream colour. coffee table looks too heavy with your sofas.
    Rhian Atta thanked amanda_seaton8
  • amanda_seaton8
    8 years ago
    ...also, some artwork on wall with key colours would enhance the space.
    Rhian Atta thanked amanda_seaton8
  • PRO
    Artworks by Marcine, LLC
    8 years ago
    I agree with the rug being small. Taking a look at your photo, I see a square motif repeating. I would capitalize on that more by getting a larger rug with the same square multicolor scheme and adding pops of colored squares here and there such as square pillows in a few bright colors and on the wall, I would replicate that square idea by getting some square picture frames and painting the inside of each square one of the colors and arrange in a large square format.
    Rhian Atta thanked Artworks by Marcine, LLC
  • greyorbrown
    8 years ago

I think it's too youthful or playful or something, like it should be in a child's bedroom. I like the rest of your décor--the black and white and cream. Maybe something that just blends with the rest. Or if you want color, maybe a solid teal or one of those overdyed rugs in a color you like.

Rhian Atta thanked greyorbrown
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    8 years ago

The rug is too small and if you plan to use all the gold framed items with your pale beige suede sofas than it would be better IMO to select a rug with beige tones and a more tribal appearance.

Rhian Atta thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • Rhian Atta
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thank you everyone for your feedback. I really appreciate it! I now how to convince my husband to return it :(

• charleee
    8 years ago

Wish you luck Rhian!

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.