emmelinewe

How about a plunge pool?

Emmeline Westin
8 years ago

A swimming pool is a dream feature for many, but have you ever considered the swimming pool's younger cousin, the plunge pool? I think this might be better suited to us Brits. It's smaller for once and so requires less space. What do you think - is it a dream feature or not?

Highgate Garden Room · More Info

Comments (12)

• crowningfashion
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I'd love a pool of any size but due to the weather we have here it would have to be an indoor pool. If it was small it would need to have be a jet stream pool in order to swim in it otherwise it would simply be a jacuzzi without the bubbles! I've seen some very nice pools here on Houzz which I have saved to my lookbook ;)

• User
    8 years ago
    A 'fabulous' waste of space and money but looks a million times better than a hot tub! We just don't have the weather and you can't even swim in them so other than having a statement outside bath, what's the point?
  • Emmeline Westin
    Original Author
    8 years ago

For those heatwave days? :)

• User
    8 years ago
    You're right Emmeline. I do think they're fabulous, but budget wise an indulgence for the wealthy minority perhaps?
  • PRO
    Aralia: Innovation in Landscape Design
    8 years ago

Love the idea!

• PRO
    The Bazeley Partnership
    8 years ago

Perhaps with the often gloomy weather we have to face in the UK, indoor pools are the way to go?

The Sea House, Porth, Cornwall UK · More Info

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    8 years ago

Hello Emmeline,

Yes I do think they are a lovely idea.. One of those exercise pools like in the film Gattaca.. Called endless pools... Or a smallish living pool... or both because I'm greedy guts! .(and don't have either!).. : ) )

• PRO
    Louise Richardson-Vine
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

If I had the budget but not much space, I'd definitely go for a plunge pool - maybe in a sunny little courtyard or patio area, so I could jump in when it's hot (I'm envisaging my home will be somewhere in the Mediterranean, of course!)

• Emmeline Westin
    Original Author
    8 years ago

@fizzfan54 - Yes, not everyone can afford them or would even have space for them. My own balcony would be a tad squeezed if I added one (not to mention that it might annoy the neighbour below), but as a dream feature, it's fun to toy with the idea!

• User
    8 years ago
    My imaginations running away with me now Emmeline. I'm basking in mine right now being served a glass of fizz from that champagne bucket my Butler Mr Clooney keeps especially for me. (I am smiling by the way) Big thumbs up to dreaming!
  • Emmeline Westin
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Cheers to that!

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.