chrislhayes

First Impression

Christine Hayes
8 years ago

We're wanting to put our house on the market, any advice on improving first impressions?

Comments (12)

• PRO
    Dress Your Windows LLC
    8 years ago

Add some color with plants. You see more of you garage than the front door. You need people to see where they will be entering the house.

Christine Hayes thanked Dress Your Windows LLC
  • PRO
    Harmoni Designs + Build
    8 years ago
    There seems to be a lot of driveway on the right hand side of the garage. If it's not needed for cars, try to create balance and softness with landscaping similarly to the left side.
    Christine Hayes thanked Harmoni Designs + Build
  • BeenAroundtheBlock
    8 years ago

Paint the railings black. The front & garage doors latte.

• Judy Mishkin
    8 years ago

pergola over garage doors can sort of soften that space.

• PRO
    Dress Your Windows LLC
    8 years ago

I don't think you need to make the railing black plus that is a lot of work. Painting the door and maybe in outside trim of the garage would give it more color. I added color to your picture.

With the front door a color they know where they should enter the house. Garage trim is a option.

• RubyRoses
    8 years ago
    I'm agreeing. I would paint garage a color pulled out of the brick. paint the front door a color to make it stand out.
  • rouxb
    8 years ago

Do little. Your house presents just fine for sale. Make sure it is clean and there is no obvious deferred maintenance. If you were making changes for your own enjoyment that would be one thing but making pretty taste specific changes for an unknown buyer is a whole nother thing. Clean up the landscaping, edge the lawn areas and add some color in plants.

• Brandi Nash Hicks
    8 years ago
    Whatever you do, do not outline your garage doors...end def not with bright blue paint
  • studio10001
    8 years ago

House numbers might be helpful to perspective buyers.

• Christine Hayes
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Many thanks for all the ideas, and comments the house is set in 5 acres of trees and can't be seen from the road, I want to make sure that when people do approach its not disappointing. I will paint the front door and lead the eye their with plantings. I liked the pogola over the garage but that would catch the snow.
  • PRO
    Dress Your Windows LLC
    8 years ago

The blue color was to define the difference between the white and a color door for the idea of it. And since is was mention to outline and I could show what it would look like I thought I would. Any color Chris likes would be fine.

Christine Hayes thanked Dress Your Windows LLC
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.