cheryldina2

Subway tile for kitchen - Ann Sacks Capriccio vs Daltile Artigiano

cheryldina2
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hi...I am planning to go with white subway tile for my kitchen backsplash. I like a more artisan textured looking tile with depth. (countertop is Caesarstone Concrete 2003) with white shaker cabinets.

Two tiles I've seen so far that I like are the Ann Sacks Capriccio field tile and Daltile Artigiano. (3x6). I noticed the Ann Sacks is slightly thicker. Does anybody have any advice or thoughts on quality or look to help me decide? Does a thicker subway tile have more textured to it when it is grouted and on the wall? Does the Ann Sacks have more variation in color because it is handmade (which i might like)? Price isn't as much of an issue, I just want it to look really nice quality. Thanks!

Comments (16)

• User
    8 years ago

In my opinion, the quality of a tile job is reflected is the planning, cuts and quality of installation. Go with the tile you like best, just make sure you have an experienced tiler.

• PRO
    Bartel Kitchen and Bath
    8 years ago

We just installed The Artigiano in our showroom and we are very excited to start installing this in our customers home. Be sure to get a good tiler it will make all the difference.

• cheryldina2
    Original Author
    8 years ago

as an fyi, we went with the Artigiano and LOVE it!!

• federalhome
    8 years ago
    Hello, we're waiting to receive a sample of Daltile Artigiano Italian Alps. May I ask if the edges of the white tile show tan, the rustic look? We are hoping not...we need an all white tile to match the white marble console countertop. I'd love to hear more on Italian Alps...
  • federalhome
    8 years ago
    Thank you very much cheryldina2, it looks just lovely and exactly what we were looking for. My husband wants it to turn out like yours...may I ask what color grout you'd used?
  • PRO
    Talianko Design Group, LLC
    8 years ago

You will incur extra labor charges because the tile installer will need to float the shallow pieces. I wouldn't do it.

• cheryldina2
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    I think it was polyblend bright white....possibly snow white, but I know we went with the closest match to the tile color.
  • federalhome
    8 years ago
    Thank you so much. You must be so happy with your beautiful kitchen :)
  • PRO
    ANN SACKS - Texas
    8 years ago
    Hi!

Thank you for your interest in Ann Sacks. Our MADE capriccio tiles are hand crafted in our Portland Oregon factory. The craftsmanship of all of our MADE collections are timeless and high quality. Also, we keep this line stocked in our Portland warehouse. For any samples or questions, feel free to contact our showroom!

Cheers,

Emily Spear
    Ann Sacks-Dallas
    Dallas@annsacks.com
    214-742-8453
  • ekscrunchy
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Just noticed this thread. I will respond cause there is not much information on these tiles and others might find this helpful. I used Daltile Artigiano in the Venice (dark taupe) in my bathroom recently; it looks great but was a difficult project for my installer. The paler edges of some of the tiles do show a tiny bit of tan but barely enough to notice. The surface of the walls is slightly uneven, as you would expect for this type of rustic tile. I used the dark brown tiles with three rings of matte black pencil molding.

• kkell5
    6 years ago

I would love to see pictures of your bathroom. I love the dark taupe and am thinking of using it in my shower and/or tub surround and I think black accents would be lovely. Thanks!

• ekscrunchy
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Guest bathroom witih Daltile Artigiano; I have to get some pics of finished bathtoom still with spacers and showing lighter than it really is...the brown is quite a bit darker than this pic indicates..

, and Corian integrated sink, Newport Brass matte black fixtures:

• ekscrunchy
    6 years ago

• ekscrunchy
    6 years ago

This pic shows the Corian sink and matte black fixtures in the bathroom shown with the spacers and Daltile, above. Will try to get a better one showing entire room.

• ekscrunchy
    6 years ago

I am here at the condo now so if you want more pics of the Daltile, let me know..

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.