daphne_teo421

CAESAR STONE

Daphne Teo
11 years ago
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using caesar stone for counter-tops, bathrooms and flooring?

Comments (6)

• josephcairns
    11 years ago
    We used Smart stone for our new kitchen. It is also a composite stone, similar to Caesar - but had more variations in pattern. We went for carrera, which has a natural marble effect. Caesar stone tends to be more uniform in pattern, in my opinion making it look more synthetic.
  • Daphne Teo
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank you for your contributions. Caesar isn't acrylic and is manufactured stone. I like it because it requires very little maintenance. I don't think Smart Stone is represented here so won't be able to compare prices.
  • PRO
    Ironwood Builders
    11 years ago
    I looked up caesarstone's manufacturing process. It is a blend of natural mineral and polymer resins...plastic. The company originally started in the cultured marble business in Indianapolis...my old home town. They started making the original Caesarstone to compete with Corian. I admit, I haven't used it in years, brand or product...it's not in high demand compared to natural stone for the jobs we are doing. We don't do much plastic anything.
  • Daphne Teo
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank you! I'm avoiding natural stone because they're dearer and also because natural stone is pores.
  • feeny
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    Not all natural stone is porous. Soapstone, for example, is not porous and doesn't need sealing. It withstands both heat and chemicals. It does, however, need oiling or waxing to keep the finish looking smooth and lustrous, and it is as expensive as higher end granites. But my point is simply that there are different materials with different qualities, in both natural and man made products, so it is best to do your research and figure out your needs.
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.