hzdeleted_5203979

New Aran Blue Granite...have you used it or seen it used?

User
11 years ago
Please post pictures if you have any. I would really appreciate it.

Comments (5)

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    This is a sample of my New Aran Blue granite, but I can't seem to find others who have used it or pictures to compare.
  • PRO
    PamDesigns 3D
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    Your photo is black and white. Granite may be called different names in different locations that it is sold. In order to give you a response, I'd have to see it in color.
  • PRO
    Risner Cabinetry
    11 years ago
    I haven't used it before but know that sometimes the name is changed at the granite yards to avoid competition on the imports less known. I can say I've used granite that looks like that but I know it was a different name. It turned out well. If it's too busy or clashing once installed, try balancing it off with accent pieces in the back splash to take the focus off of it.

Can you get a photo of a slab? Then it's easy to see if the veins are wavy or a crackle look. Wavy makes the design calm while crackle looks very busy. Hope that helps. Good luck with your project!
  • User
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    I am seeing the picture in colour. The granite looks gray, not blue and white. The carpet is gray and the tile is white with beige/gray.
  • PRO
    PamDesigns 3D
    11 years ago
    Thanks for clarifying. I was expecting to see blue by the name of it. Perhaps the reason that you don't see it a lot in other photos is because it has such striking contrast and is a pretty busy pattern. Imagine it in large slabs in a kitchen. It would definitely dominate the space. I think it could be quite beautiful and unique. What type of space are you considering it for? The carpet sample being large on your sample board makes me think maybe not the kitchen unless an open plan that includes the kitchen.
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.