jeff_henson75

What to do with media equipment when hanging TV above fireplace?

Jeff Henson
8 years ago
My wife and I hired a company to install a new TV above our fireplace in our new home. They did a great job with the actual installation. The problem is, we can't figure out where to put our cable box. Do we buy a nice piece of furniture and out it in there or are there other options that we're not thinking about? Again, the tv has been professionally installed, so we're not seeking any advice/thoughts on the installation process. Just the cable box.

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Home Sweet Home Theatre
    8 years ago

We install numerous Fireplace Mounted TV's. Depending on how big your Cable Box is, I sometimes install them behind the TV. I space the TV slightly off the wall with a tilt bracket and put the Cable Box behind the top of the TV. Some Cable Boxes have an IR sensor that will transfer the remote through a wire and back to the eye on the Cable Box. If the Cable Box does not have that type of setup, most of the time (if the box is up high enough) The remote will reflect off the wall to the Cable Box and will change your channels. Hope this helps.

• PRO
    S Mistry Interiors
    8 years ago

You can hire a pro to put it and other equipment in a closet and install an infrared sensor in front of tv.

• Skip Gilliam
    8 years ago
    Infrared cable and relocate the equipment in another area. Either that or just get a smart tv and use Netflix/Amazon...etc, no regular cable.
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.