sandyswain

Long narrow home office and den

sandyswain
8 years ago
Looking for ideas. My wife and I share our home office and work from home full time. Need functional place for home office and small TV area with couch. We love the colors and curtains....things just keep getting thrown in. The room is long. We know our first task is to decluter.

Comments (2)

• sandyswain
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    We are looking for ideas on placement
  • PRO
    Annex of paredown
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

It is difficult to say without seeing more of the room, but my first reaction is to recommend that the couch be placed in the center of the room facing the window. TV on one side of the window,chair on the other. Place the desk behind the sofa looking the same direction (back of the desk to the back of the sofa). Shelving/storage units flanking the door to contain books, audio equipment etc.

I too, like the colors and the print of the curtain, though it may be calmer and feel less clutterer, to have the curtains open, framing a simple white shear, or roller blind which has been placed over the center of the window. An area rug in front of the sofa in the same color pallet as the curtains, though larger in scale, will help to create zones in the room, lounge area & office area.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.