kim_brown66

Need advice about either a 36" or 48" Wolf range!

K Brown
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

We're building a summer home (to be a retirement home someday) and have an 11-foot run where I wanted to install the Wolf 48" range with the two ovens. Our builder and kitchen designer thinks the 36" Wolf range would be a better fit (the 48" they feel is too big for the space). No room for a wall oven, so do you think the 36" plus a warming drawer will suffice? Had my heart set on the 48" but trying to be flexible! Thanks for any feedback!

Comments (4)

• libradesigneye
    8 years ago

How much do you bake? I would get a stacking wall oven and a separate range before I would do a 48" wolf - that is a big big element in a summer / retirement home. Unless you bake and roast regularly . .. follow their advice.

• PRO
    Bryce Engstrom: Architect
    8 years ago

Posting a snapshot of the floor plan for that area would help a lot. That said, I would just think long and hard if the two full ovens are really necessary. I would say that vast majority of people that buy a unit that big rarely utilize it's full potential, and even then on a scant few occasions.

• K Brown
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thank you both for your sound advice, I will heed the advice of my builder and kitchen designer! It would not be often that I would need both ovens. Thanks!

• Judy Mishkin
    8 years ago

i use 2 ovens at the same time very frequently, at least once a week. on thanksgiving day or christmas i wish i had 3.

i have no need of a 48" range, but enjoy my 36" to its fullest.

you know what you really need and whats for show.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.