littledgray25

Do the containers need holes in the bottom for drainage?

littledgray25
11 years ago
Vegetable Garden in Containers · More Info

Comments (4)

• PRO
    The Gardensmith
    11 years ago
    Yes they do need holes for drainage. These have a big hole cut into the bottom and are set on a bed of crushed rock. They have a few inches of crushed rock topped with landscape fabric in the bottom of the container.
  • littledgray25
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    TY. Thought of all of that except the landscape fabric in bottom of container. Already started my raised beds out of wooden pallets, but definetly keeping this in mind for next year. Make it permanent and very "green".
  • PRO
    Kathy Henry Exterior Design
    9 years ago

Hey there Gardensmith. I've used troughs in a couple projects. However, have neve seen this color. Did you paint them? If not, can you provide me with the brand/source? Thanks....

• PRO
    The Gardensmith
    9 years ago

I had them powder coated at a local motorcycle shop. I don't remember the name of the color we used - it was special ordered for the project. The shop also cut the bottoms out for drainage.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.