kmanni70

Stair treads

kmanni70
8 years ago
After searching for quite some time I stumbled across this picture and was instantly amazed to see the steel treads on this project. They look exactly like what I've had in my mind to use as a replacement for my old, falling apart, brick front steps.
Is there anyway to find out what those treads are referred to as ? What type of stone are they and also where can it be sourced from?

Thank you!!
Rustic Montauk · More Info

Comment (1)

• PRO
    Barry Block Landscape Design & Contracting, Inc.
    8 years ago

Those are actually Karney natural stone boulder steppers/treads, purchased direct from a quarry in Pennsylvania. They look steel color because they are wet. Trade secret: you should wet stone/asphalt before photographing otherwise they look washed out in photos. If you watch any movie filmed outside you will always see the street is wet. Hope that helps. Best of luck with your project.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.