rwandersonandsons

"need to match new composite decking to discontinued trex decking"

We are working on a clients deck, the original decking was a trex product that we were able match with some slight deviations thru out the past decade. Our current project involved demolition of that trex decking. Come to find out trex discontinued those products, and now we are stuck trying to find something that matches.

Comments (16)

• PRO
    Derek S. Vattelana Construction
    8 years ago
    Attach a picture of the board. I might be able to direct you to a seller who buys up these boards at auctions. Trex is no longer allowed to sell composite bc of a class action lawsuit. The only sell capstock pvc which is a great product.
  • bkasl
    7 years ago

Have a source for Trex Accents in saddle?

• PRO
    TREX COMPANY INC
    7 years ago

All of our current Trex products have a shell that resists fading, staining and mold. The shelled product is not going to match the Trex un-shelled product. Trex stopped making Accents in 2013. Unfortunately, we do not have a source for old product.

• bkasl
    7 years ago

what we really need is the facia board in a smooth saddle, doesn't have to match construction wise just color

need to face some steps

• PRO
    TREX COMPANY INC
    7 years ago

This is a link to some picture of the Saddle Fascia. You may have to scroll through the photos to get to the saddle photos. But there are some of white fascia as well as the saddle. Hope this helps. http://www.trex.com/products/decking/fascia/

• bkasl
    7 years ago

Possible

trying tomstay away from grain since decking is on smooth side

do you have any ideas on what customers have used for a stain color match to saddle???

• PRO
    TREX COMPANY INC
    7 years ago

The best solution is to take a sample of Trex Saddle to your local Lowe's or Home Depot and ask them to compare a similar stain color that matches the best.

• PRO
    Summit Design
    5 years ago

Thanks. This dialog was helpful to me. I have a Trex Accents Saddle deck that I built in 2011 and now I am adding to it. Not sure what direction I am heading yet...

• HU-118086392
    4 years ago

I have the same issue now with the Accents Saddle. How were you able to resolve?

• PRO
    TREX COMPANY INC
    4 years ago

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to Trex. Since we have discontinued the early generation Trex decking material the only option is to pick a different color offered in the new generation decking lines. For further assistance feel free to contact our customer care team at 1-800-289-8739. We are open from 8 am - 5 pm EST. Hope this helps!

• HU-118086392
    4 years ago

I only need to replace 2 boards. Is there a new generation version that matches the color?

• HU-120832677
    3 years ago

I have been looking for trex accents decking in maderia. I have been told it is obsolete I have a very expensive deck that needs modification and repair. When I used trex for the construction I questioned supplier and manufacturer about future availability. I know things change. The only way to bring my deck back one hundred percent is to replace all the deck boards. If this is the case I will do just that but, unfortunately I will not use trex brand. You have the best product out there no doubt. I am very disappointed and will not show case and recommend or use your brand

• Neil Di Meglio
    2 years ago

I have the original trex decking. But probably 20 yrs ago. It is brown composite smooth finish. I am shifting and adding new parts and I can't find the original trex. It's now discontinued. What do I do.

• PRO
    TREX COMPANY INC
    2 years ago

We haven't made the uncapped, early-generation decking that you would have purchased 20 years ago in nearly 10 years. We're not aware of any still available in retail stores or lumberyards.

• HU-658368248
    2 years ago

I am expanding my deck and re decking the older portion to match the new i would like to re use the old deck boards on another project but need to find the required joist width requirements. Do you have products that were 12” vs 16” on center for required joist spacing?

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.