tyler_johnson1

Fireplace makeover?

Tyler Johnson
8 years ago
Would love some opinions on what color to turn the fireplace. Just bought this home and have completely redone the living room. My wife was originally opposed to changing the color but after painting the walls and the cabinets different shades of gray she now agrees with me that the fireplace looks out of place. So any ideas I will take them thank you!

Comments (8)

• ycity
    8 years ago
    I like the natural brick. Just think you should change or paint the fireplace screen, and beef up the shelves and you are good to go!
  • Patty Serpone
    8 years ago
    I like the brick too! My brother in law painted his brick white then went over it with a sander... But I do like yours with the colors you have chosen.
  • Tyler Johnson
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    I like the idea of replacing the fireplace screen cause the gold is rather dated. We have thought about leaving it natural brick but some how brightening it up as it's rather dull. Anyone got any tips or tricks to make the red pop more?
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    8 years ago

I would paint the brick white or at least white wash the brick. I would also change the firescreen to match the arch of the brick close to the opening of the firebox.

Light Limewash example on fireplace

Heavier limewash on brick

• PRO
    Cheryl Scrymgeour Designs
    8 years ago

I like the lime washed brick and the bigger lack screen ideas. I'd also look at painting the herringbone wood a much darker shade of grey . Almost black. I'd also take a look at painting the beams on the ceiling that same shade.

• PRO
    Cheryl Scrymgeour Designs
    8 years ago

Oh........a funky chandelier like this one will finish it off. Keep the shape round.

• PRO
    Design Platform
    8 years ago

Consider an even darker color, shades like charcoal or gunmetal.

Langley-Hawthorne Residence · More Info

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.