greenejg1947

Are those banana plants next to the palms? Do they thrive in hot sun

Judith Greene
8 years ago
We just put some palms grouped together in our front yard and it looks nice but we need something that will grow tall for the corner of our porch I was considering those banana plants but not sure it gets a lot of hot afternoon sun not sure if the plants would tolerate a lot of sun
Multiple projects · More Info

Comment (1)

• PRO
    Vedic Gardens & Nursery, LLC
    8 years ago

Hello Judith. Thanks for your inquiry. A variety of Banana plant called Musa Basjoo can grow as tall as 25 feet in zone USDA zone 7. And yes, it can grow well in full sun. You would need to water it more frequently. However, some of the red leaf varieties of banana plant that you also see in the picture are of tropical nature and will not survive freezing conditions. Feel free to call me at 919-612-7100 if you need any further information.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.