emmelinewe

POLL: Best under stair storage?

Emmeline Westin
8 years ago

Storage ideas are always popular, especially under stair storage. Which of the following storage solutions do you think is the smartest? If you have a better solution at home, please share!

Comments (27)

• PRO
    Louise Richardson-Vine
    8 years ago

I think the Upstate New York one is the most visually appealing, but they're all pretty clever under stair storage ideas!

• pavinia
    8 years ago

The Manhattan staircase would be more useful to hide things away, but I'm with Louise in that I just love the Upstate New York bookcase.

• peediewee
    8 years ago

bookcase every time. :)

• PRO
    Louise Richardson-Vine
    8 years ago

Certainly making the most of the space then, Making Wood Work!

• PRO
    Pure Haven
    8 years ago

Beautiful choice of timber and simple but bespoke handles

• PRO
    OCD Spaces
    7 years ago

Though I have voted for the Manhattan microloft, a smart under stair solution is dependent on what the end user requires the storage space for. E.g., if the Client needed space to store their extensive books collection (a library), I would have voted for the Upstate New York photo. Again, everything is dependent on the use and requirement.

• PRO
    Bneatstairs
    7 years ago

I like the way this unit just blended into the stairs

• PRO
    The Bulb Co
    7 years ago

Our vote went to the Quant Building but it was a difficult choice as they are all great ways to have storage built in. Our favourite one so far though is not on this poll but can be found here: https://www.houzz.co.uk/discussions/show-us-your-storage-ideas-dsvw-vd~3321627 as we love the under stairs storage.

• PRO
    Docklands Bathrooms
    7 years ago

Manhattan is what I would personally go for because it's concealed and keep things dust free. However it depends on the location of the stairs in the house and also how many people/children live.

• PRO
    Alec Woodland Joinery
    7 years ago

Having worked trying to design the best possible use of space under a staircase i think that the Quant building is the most elegant solution.

• PRO
    User
    7 years ago

Upstate New York - Stylish and adds colour to a room

• PRO
    York Woodwork
    7 years ago

Very tidy, suits the room well

• PRO
    D J R Carpentry and Joinery
    7 years ago

I much prefer doing storage solutions that hide away any clutter,

• PRO
    Pamela Langbridge Curtains and Upholstery
    7 years ago

I can't stand seeing clutter so it had to be Bayswater

• PRO
    Hollins Architects & Surveyors
    7 years ago

great joinery

• PRO
    The Vawdrey House
    7 years ago

Love the Manhattan Micro loft - check out our recent project which kept all the family junk out of sight...

• PRO
    Architecture and More
    7 years ago

Neat and tidy, removing clutter from other rooms.

• PRO
    George Quinn
    7 years ago

Great ideas. It's amazing how much space you can save by using the space under the stairs. Also, interestingly enough, we covered the same subject 2 weeks ago on our website :). Here's an amazing playground created by one of our previous customers:

3 Under Stairs Storage ideas for your home · More Info

• PRO
    Martin McMullen architect
    7 years ago

You can never have enough book shelfs and this is an excelent idea

• PRO
    EeStairs UK Ltd.
    7 years ago

Really like the available space on the Manhattan Micro-loft. When they're all closed it probably looks very clean aswell.

• PRO
    M&C Construction Surrey LTD
    7 years ago

Compact and practical.

• PRO
    User
    7 years ago

Neat!

• PRO
    S&S Joinery
    7 years ago

I like the Manhattan micro loft

• PRO
    Bowerman-Gill LTD
    7 years ago

Loved the Manhattan micro loft, it is very practical whilst also being visually appealing and stylish!

• PRO
    Lumen Domus
    7 years ago

I think that the Manhattan stairs are sleek and stylish!

• PRO
    New Leaves
    7 years ago

Undestairs storage is a great solution for an often unused corner of the house

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.