brebrewawa787878

undermount sink with butcher block

brebrewawa787878
8 years ago
I have been told this feature will constantly present a problem with water seeping and must be sealed properly. Any advice???
Henry Residence · More Info

Comment (1)

• PRO
    Classically Yours Interiors (CYInteriors)
    8 years ago

I work with several builder/contractors that don't have a problem with it. You as a homeowner just need to be aware of the maintainance associated with butcher block.

You definitely have to make sure to use silicone around the sink seam and also use a good wood sealer. A few coats of tung oil will wear better and protect the wood more than something like polyurethane. I've heard up to five coats of a Waterlox sealer will make sure to maintain the finish as time goes on, reapplying oil twice a year. Be aware that you can't let standing water hang out by the sink and must keep on top of sneaky areas that might have water, like around the soap dispenser. Consider buying a dish for sponges and soaps to rest on and remember not to leave damp wash rags or towels laying on the butcher block. Hope this helps!

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.