daffodilcottage

Bathroom countertop trash can access.

daffodilcottage
8 years ago
Is it incorrect to have a small hole drilled in my bathroom marble countertop so I can place a trash can below? It will be a beautiful high quality bathroom when done but we didn't plan for a place for the trash can. Would this idea seem too much like a hotel?

Comments (9)

• acm
    8 years ago

I've never met a bathroom that didn't have room for a trash can next to the toilet. I wouldn't wreck my counter to get the job done.

• susanalanandwrigley
    8 years ago
    Also I don't think it'd function as you expect. For instance I was at the gym this morning and they have that setup, and while applying moisturizer the lid from my bottle fell thru the hole into the trash below. I think that kind of thing could happen a lot. If you don't want a trash can out, put a small one in vanity and open door for access.
  • PRO
    Colorado Window Source & More
    8 years ago

I agree, I don't think that you will achieve the look that you are going for. I would find a really nice waste basket that you can leave out, or put under the sink.

• PRO
  • Rebecca Hicks
    8 years ago

NO also.

• miacometlady
    8 years ago
    No..no..no! Smile.
  • leelee
    8 years ago

I get that you want a handy trash basket. Do you have a closet? A vanity with doors? Put the trash can in one of those locations. If it's a bother to open and close the vanity door each time you need to dispose of a Q-tip then put it in easy reach while you're doing your thing and then back out of view when you exit the room.

• Lisa Williams
    8 years ago

What about making one of your cabinet doors either slide out (like a kitchen trash pull-out cabinet) or one that tilts out with your trash can? It sounds like you have room to do so :)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.