hzdeleted_47303

Smokin' Hot Exterior makeover!!!!

User
8 years ago

I took the worst house in the neighborhood and made it the hottest!!!!!! I took off the crappy stucco and nasty shingles added decretive chimneys and dormers, put stone and limestone precast to give my client a mini French Castle!!

Comments (46)

• PRO
    User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Almost ready for Grass!!!

• claude12
    8 years ago

Love it!!!

User thanked claude12
  • aries61
    8 years ago

Can't believe the before was the worse house in the neighborhood. The after is very nice, but hate to see what was spent on it with all the new elements. Was anything done to the inside?

• wwmdrm
    8 years ago

You should have left the "before." There is too much going on and too much frou frou.

• PRO
    User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

No Frou Frou here just history!!

• Corrine Hale
    8 years ago
    In the small, rural town in Canada where I live, the original house would be a mansion with no changes needed! I guess it all depends on your perspective about what is ugly and what isn't. You would cringe if you came to this part of the world!
  • PRO
    User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Inside and out a completely new dwelling!!! I added 5500 SQ FT to an already 4300 SQ FT home, the back of the house looks like a hotel !! No basic paint on any surface. All custom plastered walls and aged lacquer finishes on trim and cabinetry..........

• sabra900
    8 years ago
    Why so tiny a cook top or range in such a massively overdone home? If catering staff came in or a cook was brought in for a large home party this small range would be a challenge to work with. On the upside the room with the dome has beautiful woodwork.
  • tooky58
    8 years ago

I'd be thrilled with the before home. Beautiful job, but not my style.

• PRO
    Raegan Ford Interior Design
    8 years ago

the new exterior is beautiful!

User thanked Raegan Ford Interior Design
  • PRO
    Addition Building & Design, Inc.
    8 years ago

Nice fountain. Good job.

User thanked Addition Building & Design, Inc.
  • PRO
    Hamilton Klow Architects
    8 years ago

Good construction job. Good looking exterior.

User thanked Hamilton Klow Architects
  • PRO
    Design Builders, Inc.
    8 years ago

Excellent job!

User thanked Design Builders, Inc.
  • PRO
    andesign, inc
    8 years ago

Congratulations! LOVE the texture the stone creates. Well done.

User thanked andesign, inc
  • PRO
    User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Tiny cook top?? Six burners and a huge grill on top, two convection ovens and two broilers!! 48" not so tiny in my book!!

• PRO
    Pacific Coast Custom Design
    8 years ago

Absolutely spectacular!

User thanked Pacific Coast Custom Design
  • PRO
    Broadway Botanicals
    8 years ago

Wow, beautiful!

User thanked Broadway Botanicals
  • btydrvn
    8 years ago
    Different strokes for different folks...
  • jck910
    8 years ago

what history? it's all new.

• PRO
    House Arte
    8 years ago

Gorgeous!

User thanked House Arte
  • PRO
    User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

jck910, every designer that is traditional in taste barrows from history!! Every molding used. In this home has been recreated from the 17 and 1800's. New yes, but we reproduced history.

• Rebecca Hicks
    8 years ago

Too over the top for me.

• PRO
    Stecki Construction
    8 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous!

• Jennifer Owen
    8 years ago

Beautiful! Absolutely stunning! Great transformation

• PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    8 years ago

Wow looks amazing!

• btydrvn
    8 years ago
    Very interesting the commenters fall so heavily in the pro column..also all pro comments positive ..others not so much..hmmmm
  • PRO
    User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

ritasj, I understand that only the top 1 percent in the world can even live like this, I completely understand that pros only can truly get it. I do this every day for a living but never take it for granted . I will always love what I do!!!!!!

• btydrvn
    8 years ago
    Good answer,Doni..
  • nmh92
    8 years ago

I can't believe how rude some people are on here. Why would you tell someone something is nice, but not your taste? Why do you find it necessary to add that on? If someone remodeled a very modest house and posted on here, would you say that to them? Sounds like a little jealousy and self-righteousness. Love to see what you people would do if you had millions to spend on a home. I'm sure you would seriously upgrade :) This place was beautiful before and the remodel is even better. Congratulations to the lucky people who get to live here!

User thanked nmh92
  • PRO
    Morrone Interiors
    8 years ago

Amazing job! Beautiful inside and out!

User thanked Morrone Interiors
  • PRO
    7 Sisters Interiors
    8 years ago

Wow, impressive!

User thanked 7 Sisters Interiors
  • off_task_again
    8 years ago

I gave a thumbs up earlier, but had to come back and comment. It is such a stunning renovation. It is really beautiful. You were able to give old world charm and character to a boring builder grade house. You have elevated it to a new level. I love it!

User thanked off_task_again
  • Valerie Moren
    8 years ago

Love the ceiling treatments you did! Could you add more pictures of that?

User thanked Valerie Moren
  • PRO
    TBS Construction Inc.
    8 years ago

Very impressive house! Great job!

User thanked TBS Construction Inc.
  • PRO
    Kemora Landscapes
    8 years ago

Absolutely stunning. Gorgeous stonework on the exterior. Also, very glad you decided to scrap the old landscaping because it looks like it was overpowering the front of the home. The simple evergreens work great with this house. Wonderful work!

User thanked Kemora Landscapes
  • PRO
    Morrone Interiors
    8 years ago

Great job again, really impressed with the new roof lines!

• PRO
  • PRO
    ERT Architects, Inc
    8 years ago

wow, the transformation is impeccable!

I invite you to follow our architectural design firm for
    some more inspiration as you move forward with transforming your beautiful
    home.

• PRO
    User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Here's another Ceiling shot!!!!

• sswisecup
    8 years ago

Gorgeous, ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! Any chance you can give a rough idea of what an exterior transformation like that would cost? Even a range is fine.

User thanked sswisecup
  • PRO
    User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

The limestone precast was about 65K in materials and the stone was around 120K in materials, keep in mind that this is a 10,000 square-foot home. The labor of courses extra but my team was responsible for installing the precast balustrades and the stone work. So I was able to save the homeowner quite a bit in labor. Hope that helps !!

• PRO
    Mountain MT Homes LLC
    8 years ago

WOW!! is low saying.....That is amazing of the change, my I ask what state this beautiful home is built. Great work.

Ken

• User
    8 years ago

I don't think anyone is jealous. It's just that the house looks beautiful from the outside, I love it, it's gorgeous but the inside doesn't look like its a house to be lived in...looks like a house to be showcased but not lived in.

And everyone is entitled to their opinion.

• Norma
    8 years ago
    That was pretty,nut now gorgeous!
  • PRO
    User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Ken this is a Cincinnati Ohio master piece!! And Shalena I don't have any art hung yet, no accessories are in place, no rugs yet, this one in the great room is an exterior rug just to show scale. But please come to Cincinnati in April and I'll walk you through the home around 7PM and I promise you won't want to leave!!!!

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.