bbannerman

Entryway nook

Beau B
8 years ago
Straight on from our entry is a nook that is wrapped by the stairs. We are struggling with how to use it/make it look nice. The dimensions are 43" deep and 50" wide - awkwardly square-like.

Any suggestions on how to use this space/how to stage it?

Comments (10)

• Judy Mishkin
    8 years ago

i'll share my 'next to stairs' photo. i found having mirrors/objects/ whatever that are round or have indeterminate borders make for better nesting against a slanted top wall. i think a table would look good in your space.

• radhannoo
    8 years ago
    Tiny bar area, tiny desk area or pet space?
  • PRO
    JSL Landscape Design Build
    8 years ago

Tall house plant like a Dracaena

• katinparadise
    8 years ago

How about a pretty demilune with a few decorative objects and a piece of art hung on the wall?

• leelee
    8 years ago

This is the very first thing your guests will see when you open the door. Put a small chest and a beautiful piece of art. Keep it simple but striking. Also, be realistic. Will anyone ever sit at a bench in that spot?

• Carolina
    8 years ago
    Entry · More Info
  • drdeb1234
    8 years ago
    I agree that best to treat this area as purely decorative (with maybe some light storage). So a console/art combo sounds best
  • PRO
    TCE Constructors
    6 years ago

I would make the space as useful as possible. When you walk in the door you usually have things in your hand, keys, packages, etc. Having a counter height place to set them makes great use of the space. A drawer for keys and mail helps organize. If you don’t wear shoes in your house, a shoe closet below offers a good way to keep clutter down. Then use the wall space above for pictures, mirrors or other miscellaneous design items.

• katinparadise
    6 years ago

Post is 2 years old

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.