Other- tell us below!

Comments (31)

• ritting28
    8 years ago
    House hunters
  • PRO
    Mountain MT Homes LLC
    8 years ago

I like Fixer Upper show. Property brothers are getting out of hand. (If know what I mean if you watch this show) As I am typing this my tv is on HGTV. DIY is better but don't get it here.

Ken

• Alan McGoldrick
    8 years ago

Unfortunately, I find myself losing total interest in the station. The shows format all seem to follow the same formula - both in real estate and design.

• hatetoshop
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Bryan Baeumler (any of his shows), and Colin and Justin's Cabin Pressure. They are both on HGTV Canada, but not sure if they are aired in the States.

• arvilla_trag
    8 years ago
    flip or flop is more drama than necessary. Love Property Brothers, but Chip & Jo are amazing. We are half tempted to move to Waco just to have Jo & Chip fix up a house for us.
  • Carrie
    8 years ago
    Leave it to Bryan or House of Bryan on HGTV Canada. I also love Fixer Upper, they do amazing work and they seem really cute.

I love the concept of Love It or List It but it is too fake and annoying. I could do without the constant fake digs. Even the home owners seem scripted and fake.
  • PRO
    Sound Painting Solutions, LLC
    8 years ago

Flip or flop.

• ritting28
    8 years ago
    I'd like to see Sabrina Soto and Sarah Richardson back on a regular basis. Also Sarah's sidekick Tommy Smythe. Meg Caswell was great too. I'm tired of watching people get their homes ready to sell to prospective buyers. I would instead like to see people nesting and making their homes fit their own needs and personalities again.
    I also got tired of watching competitions, and rude, snarky comments, and designers who force their ideas and taste on people. Home design and decor should be unique to and supportive of the homeowners. Glad I got that off my chest.
  • PRO
    Joanna Shirin Design Studios, ASID
    8 years ago

Real Designing Women!

• PRO
    Design by Intuition
    8 years ago

I feel like they should change HGTV to the Real Estate Network, since that's all their shows are about anymore. Very few design based shows left. I miss Genevieve and Emily Henderson. She was a Design Star winner and is my favorite HGTV designer. Her show only lasted a season it seemed. Sigh.

• groundhog02
    8 years ago
    I am so glad this is addressed. Please bring back some actual decorating shows. Enough of these real estate shows which are all alike.
  • Boomers775
    8 years ago
    Love Mike Holmes but I think it's all reruns now. Income Property is worth it just to watch Scott McGillivray and Brian Baeumier does renos for people who want to live in their homes and does it with a great sense of humour. House of Brian shows him (and his wife) building their home(s) plus a cottage. If you don't have these shows in the US you are missing out on some good designer shows.
  • unwantedadvice
    8 years ago
    I love Fixer Upper and agree with so many other commenters that HGTV has totally gotten away from decorating shows. Those used to be their main staples. I love Sarah Richardson and Tommy, too. Even Saturday and Sunday morning shows have gone to the dogs. Where are the landscaping shows? The shows that show you how to build a deck, loved Paul LaFrance's show from ages ago. Everything is flipping houses, real estate and the like. I even wish Joanna Gaines would spend more time showing her decorating the client's home. I know they're staged for the most part but we need to see the latest decorating trends somewhere!
  • meggielh
    8 years ago
    I miss Devine Design with Candace Olsen.
  • Boomers775
    8 years ago
    Has anyone let HGTV how you feel about their programming? They know when they're losing viewers but just speculate on why, so they send us to Caribbean Living and Island Living to bring us back like that is pertinent to the majority of viewers?
  • ritting28
    8 years ago
    I agree Boomer. For most of us, I think they are selling unattainable dreams, instead of advice, ideas, and suggestions that we can adapt to our situations.
  • ritting28
    8 years ago
    Sorry--Boomers.
  • groundhog02
    8 years ago

Yes. I sent HGTV a message on FB. No reply.

• PRO
    A Good Eye Curated Decor
    8 years ago

I agree with the others - miss Devine Design sooooo much !! She is my absolute fave! Extremely talented designer ... Way too many house hunters shows - HGTV are u listening??

• PRO
    Mountain MT Homes LLC
    8 years ago

I like DIY better for the shows as they are not into real estate shows. {as much}

Its all real estate on HGTV ,Real Estate Network.

Ken

• PRO
    Darla Scheuerman
    8 years ago
    Flipping Vegas.
  • PRO
    Darla Scheuerman
    8 years ago
    And sorry for someone that is considered wealthy by most standards, Caribbean is not touchable by anyone but a select few and it's kind of depressing.
  • dramaqueen
    8 years ago
    I really like fixer upper, its not as much about real estate as the other shows on that channel. also, chip gains is hilarious! I like the family aspect of it.
  • unwantedadvice
    8 years ago

@dramaqueen, he is funny, isn't he? Did you see the one episode where he did that flying karate move through the wallboard and landed by the front door entry? I laughed so hard but he really could have hurt himself. I guess they wouldn't have shown that part.

• dramaqueen
    8 years ago
    yeah! that was hilarious!
  • dramaqueen
    8 years ago
    some real estate shows are OK, but HGTV has taken it to far!
  • kathysewinbox
    6 years ago

HGTV now stinks. I only watched them years ago when they had true to life lady decorating shows. I have no use for HGTV or DIY anymore unless they go back to their old to decorating shows.

• kathysewinbox
    6 years ago

POSSIBLY We need a wealthy person or group to start up a new channel

• Momof5x
    6 years ago

House Hunters

International House Hunter

Beach Front bargain Hunters

I love so many, even restorations ones.

• User
    6 years ago

I like the new flip or flop Georgia, like the couple n her design.

But I still like Christina n Tarik, for same reason..

cant stand Fixer upper, Chip is getting really annoying. Lol.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.