joan_l_glick

Help for Master Bathroom - I really need your input!

joan_l_glick
8 years ago

I need ideas on remodeling the overall master bathroom space.

2 photos below - 1 existing and next one are my ideas...

There is a dressing area outside the current toilet/pedestal sink/ shower area. I want to use this space to enlarge the overall bathroom, but our priorities are a walk-in closet from the bedroom that is NOT inside the bathroom (my husband takes long steamy showers and I don't want clothes to get moldy) a double sink and a shower with a seat.

I am thinking of 1- flipping the toilet to where the shower is; 2- creating a closet 66 wide opening into the bedroom (and 48 deep); 3- losing the hall closet and putting a large walk-in shower back there (48 wide by 66 deep with an 18" bench that backs the hallway); and 4- putting a double sink vanity where the toilet was.

Questions:

1- Is it an expensive decision to flip a toilet to where a shower is? The toilet could accommodate a privacy wall to its right, but that will only allow a 12 deep storage in that wall.

2- 66" wide is the maximum width of a closet walk-in that I can figure out...Is this a reasonable size?

3- The shower is in a back corner - 3 walls will be full tile - does that make sense? Is it "too" big? I am looking at 48" sliding doors that are frameless.

4- The vanity can be anywhere from 60 and up to 72 inches wide...what makes sense? If I do the bigger then I will have minimal or no floor space for either a waste basket or a laundry hamper. We need towel storage somewhere also.

5- This bathroom will require a 28 or 30 " barn door that slides against the toilet wall...is this too small?

Master Bathroom · More Info

Comments (11)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.