tythatcheradi

Does anyone have symphony grey quartz ceasarstone in kitchen.

Tricia
8 years ago

Thinking of symphony grey ceasarstone quartz and simply white BM cabinets. Floors are oak with a white wash but are a brown grey colour. Walls Pale oak. Do you think this will be a warm kitchen. Stainless appliances. I can't find any pictures with symphony grey... getting nervous about our decision that needs to be made very soon. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments (121)

• J F
    5 years ago
    We went for silestone aluminio nube in the end as it was quite a lot cheaper, really pleased with the results.
  • intalbot
    5 years ago

Tricia, what backsplash did you end up with?? id really love to see how you finished that lovely kitchen!

• marihoula
    5 years ago

I am building currently and really am trying to get a concrete greyish/taupe look. Looking st Grey Symphony, wondering if that would give me concrete feel but in quartz. Thinking concrete not too practical in a front and back kitchen?

• Laurel
    5 years ago

The pictures of Symphony Gray on the Ceasarstone site look more beige than the actual product, kind of a warm gray. The product also has small bits of "glitter"--about one piece every two square inches--that may distract from the concrete look you want. I have it in my kitchen and love it, but it may not be right for you.

• Izzy
    5 years ago

Caeserstone has other quartz options in various shades of grey that are engineered to look more like concrete, such as "rugged concrete". Symphony grey looks a bit more like a light soapstone, with similar off white streaks.

• remodelingincali
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I have the Symphony Grey in as my countertop on my vanity. It is not rugged looking. When I selected it, I selected it from a sample, but the countertop has bits of glitter and the veining does not give it a concrete feel. I like it fine in my bathroom vanity, but am very glad I did not choose it for my kitchen. You are right that the gray is a warmer tone, which I liked when I selected it, but it does not look like concrete. I agree with Izzy that there are other options in quartz that look more like concrete than this product.

• marihoula
    5 years ago
    I love matt, velvet finish. Are there issues with that?
  • Leah Kearney
    5 years ago

I am a week away from having symphony grey installed in my kitchen. I am stressing about how it's going to look. Please post more pics of kitchens with symphony grey and provide suggestions on backsplash options. Thanks so much!

• Kath
    4 years ago

Hi Leah Kearney. I am thinking of using symphony gray in my kitchen, would you please post pictures of your kitchen if this is what you went with? Thanks!

• garcicd
    4 years ago

I used it in my kitchen and love it with the white cabinets.

• Leah Kearney
    4 years ago

I love it too! The caesarstone website is misleading. Will send pics soon!

• Nicole Fry
    4 years ago

I also used symphony grey with white shaker cabinets and am so happy with the choice!

• Katherine
    4 years ago

Nicole, can you please share your backsplash info? I love it!

• Katherine
    4 years ago

Thanks so much!

• Katherine
    4 years ago

I've been looking at many tile websites today, but have not found anything that has just the right balance of white, blue and gray. The one in the photo is Ann Sacks, but not sure it is still being made. I'm going to try to check out a store that carries her products this week.

• Tara
    4 years ago

Hi there - so we have paid for Symphony Grey quartz countertops but am concerned because the website looks like the counters are taupe/beige but we want grey! Having a lot of difficulty making sure the actual slab is grey and not beige/taupe as we want grey like the sample at ikea. I've attached pics of the sample and then the website pics so u can see how different they are. Anyone else have more pics of symphony grey installed so we can be sure about our decision? Caesarstone told us to come in to their ahowroom (a 3 hour drive) but all we are going to see there is samples too. The top 3 pics are of the samples at ikea. The bottom 2 pics are from their website....

• garcicd
    4 years ago

Here are a few photos from our house. It definitely looks gray, not beige.

• Laurel
    4 years ago

The website is SO misleading! If you look back through this thread, I think I raised the same question 2 or 3 years ago, and others have since. Symphony Grey is definitely gray. A warm gray, but not at all beige.

• Tara
    4 years ago

Thank Goodness! thank you all so much!

• Katherine
    4 years ago

Nicole, would you mind sharing more pics of your kitchen/backsplash? im going to finally order samples. My only concern is that my cabinets are off-white, yours look white-correct?

• Nicole Fry
    4 years ago

Katherine,

Here is a link to the project with more photos, hope this helps! And yes, our cabinets are white.

https://www.houzz.com/hznb/projects/revived-turn-of-the-century-kitchen-remodel-pj-vj~5813884

• Katherine
    4 years ago

Thank you, Nicole. Very helpful. I love your house!

• Tara
    4 years ago

Nicole are you counters symphony grey?

• Nicole Fry
    4 years ago

Tara yes they are

• remodelingincali
    4 years ago

Tara -- I have symphony gray in my bathroom -- it's gray -- but a very warm gray. choosing corresponding tile was difficult as many of the gray tiles I liked were cool. The trick is making sure all the other tones you choose for paint, tile, backsplash are warm/greige vs. cool gray. The picture on the ceaserstone website is very misleading and the counter does not look like that at all. The countertop looks like the image you posted of your sample. As mentioned, its gray -- but a warm gray and you will see that as you search for corresponding backsplash/tile etc.

• Tara
    4 years ago

Thanks everyone!!!! So very helpful ;)

• Katherine
    4 years ago

• Tara
    4 years ago

thanks so much for sharing! Love them!

• andigo02
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

I love the Symphony Gray in my new Ikea kitchen . Having the hardest time deciding on the backsplash color. I like the way it looks with the white walls.
    The Symphony Gray is so elegant that the un-variegated, one color subway tiles seem so bland. Don't want competing busyness either. Looking at crackle tile from Sonoma Tile. Beautiful but don't know if it's better to go with light like the white walls or a gray. Any suggestions?

• kellypattonstatler
    4 years ago

I have Symphony Gray countertops, which I love. I find it to have enough movement and scoring that Im glad I went with subway tile rather than a busy or patterned tile with it. I have Jeffery Court Mountain Mist. It's perfect and would look great with any cabinet color wood floor.

• PRO
    Novel Remodeling
    4 years ago

Excellent job on selecting a great color. Don't be nervous you won't regret it if you truly enjoy the color gray. As for images, many of the ones I found were shared here. Best of luck

• Katherine
    4 years ago

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/5829591/looking-for-backsplash-advice

andigo02, I hear you! I‘m having a tough time as well...

• Katherine
    4 years ago

Also should add that I love my counters! very Happy with my choice.

• Katherine
    4 years ago

kelly, is mountain mist a grey color? would you be so kind as to share a pic?

• andigo02
    4 years ago

kellypattonstatler Thanks I am looking at similar light grays. It is so hard to tell from the photos, even this one which I just took, and of course the color looks different with different lights on or off. In the photo the color second from the left is a little lighter than the farthest left. These are all Sonoma tile, from left, rainstorm, penthouse, creamy crackle, bossy gray

• Tara
    4 years ago

I like the 3rd one from the left ;)

• kellypattonstatler
    4 years ago

Yes, Mountain Mist is light gray. Here's a pic. I also like andogo's lightest shade--third from left

with undercab lighting

lights off here--click the photo to see countertop. My cabinets are off white.

• Katherine
    4 years ago

gorgeous! I’m ordering a sample!

• ruth smore
    4 years ago

To Nicole Frye: could you share the name of the wall paint color?

• Nicole Fry
    4 years ago

Ruth: walls are SW 9166 drift of mist

• ruth smore
    4 years ago

Thank you Nicole. And one more request please. What color grout did you use for the Cloe? I am using Cloe too but can't choose the grout color! You did a fabulous job. I am the type that can only copy someone else. So glad you posted pictures.

• Nicole Fry
    4 years ago

Thanks Ruth. We hired a designer for help with the finishes because i am the same way, the decisions are so hard so it was worth every penny. The grout is Custom Building Products #543 Driftwood. Good luck. Would love to see how your project turns out!

• nadiarichard
    4 years ago

Hello! I am looking for a silgranit sink (blanco or bristol) to match a symphony gray quartz... do you have suggestion?

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    4 years ago

Elkay Quartz Luxe in Silvermist.

• Leah Kearney
    4 years ago

I have silgranit sink in cinder. I

• nadiarichard
    4 years ago

Thank you very much, this is exactly the one I was considering ! ! :-)

• Tara
    4 years ago

hello all! Wondering if anyone chose a grey paint for their kitchen that goes well with the symphony grey quartz counters? If you have any suggestions please post with pics or name of paint please and thanks!

• dove41
    2 years ago

I am following this thread because im either going to buy Ikea Axstad White Cabinets or Grimslov Off-White Cabinets. I like Ocean Foam, Organic White, Pebble, Symphony Gray or Piatra Dark Grey Ceasarstone Quartz countertops. I would love to see examples of these quartz countertops and cabinets.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.