jawsnice

Need help on hot polycarbonate roof

jawsnice
8 years ago

Hi there,

We have installed a polycarbonate roof at a back patio that became really hot in Singapore's weather. Apart from replacing the 4mx3m roof, is there another option to reduce the heat and light flowing through the open patio? Appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

Comments (3)

• mramsey
    8 years ago

Perhaps a retractable fabric awning? Or gauzy curtains? We had a wooden pergola with the same issue (only not Singapore level heat!) and just draped it with a length of outdoor fabric in the summer time.

• Alain Dupuis
    8 years ago

The best is to promote a good airflow to evacuate the heat. We installed very dark blue polycarbonate on our pergola and a large fan. However it is still very hot in the afternoon because of the west exposure and blazing afternoon sun. Well, this is Singapore!

• jawsnice
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Hi mramsey and Alain

Thanks for your advice and comments. I found a reflective paint from the US that apparently is meant to resolve the heat issue yet still allowing light to flow through. Doing up drapes is another option. Retractable fabric awning is too expensive for us.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.