sharmane1949

glass splashback for black and ivory kitchen

figgie helpmate
8 years ago
Help, have decided for my minimalistic kitchen to have glass splashback. Am drawn towards light to mid coffee colour, but friends tell me shouldn't have another colour in the kitchen which is black and ivory - what do you think, or even do you have another colour that won't date too soon you can think of, Has black granite benches, gloss, & textured polytec laminate, as well as black mirror fridge. Thank you all

Comments (12)

• PRO
    Elements at Home
    8 years ago

From the visual I would add something like a mirror or smoked mirror. I think your colour if needed could be colour matched to your floor tiles something like Dulux Russian Toffee. As far a as a colour goes....maybe a blue of some sort.

figgie helpmate thanked Elements at Home
  • Gioenne Rapisarda
    8 years ago

Hey figgie, nice kitchen! I'd pick a warm grey or as mentioned above, a smoked glass.

figgie helpmate thanked Gioenne Rapisarda
  • Alyssa Andersen
    8 years ago

Mirror without doubt!

• PRO
    Blue Tea Kitchens and Bathrooms
    8 years ago

A black glass splash back will keep it looking schmick, or I would go a smoked bronze colour. Looks like a great kitchen!

• Renae Michelle
    7 years ago
    This is gorgeous can I ask what you decided to use for the splashback and are the cabinets in polytec black textured or polytec Wenge in Matt ? Thank you
  • figgie helpmate
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thanks for your comment Renae, cabinets are Polytec Black Finegrain (so appears matt with lines texture making cabinets look taller), and splashback I didn't use glass at all, textured wall itself, painted it matt colour Ivory, and then added tile design in front of stove which is working out well, wanted it to add something and glass was ok but not finally what I wanted.

• JE C
    7 years ago
    That's very effective and original, lovely.
  • Renae Michelle
    7 years ago

This is gorgeous and so original, thanks for answering my questions. How do you find the black finegrain in keeping it clean. From memory this has a slight sheen and is not matt...

• figgie helpmate
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Yep you're right black cupboards that slight sheen but even with vertical texture isn't at all difficult to keep, hope your project goes well for you

• KK1000
    7 years ago
    Have you considered stainless steel mosaics or glass just to give you a bit of texture or maybe mirror all the way.
  • LesleyH
    7 years ago
    Post completed.
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.