cchardwick

Bathroom Wallpaper

cchardwick
8 years ago
I am going to wallpaper my bathrooms. How can I keep the wallpaper behind the hot towel rails from peeling? Is there a product I can use that will seal the wallpaper, like a silicone or a glaze? This is for Portugal, which can be a bit damp as well. Thanks very much. CCH

Comments (6)

• cchardwick
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Thank you very much for your comment. The house will have underfloor heating on most of the year so it will not be damp. I think we will risk it. I have wallpapered all of our bathrooms in the UK and it seems to hold pretty well. We shall see.......
  • minnie101
    8 years ago

Hi. I haven't used it personally so can't comment on effectiveness but I know ŷou can use decorators varnish to seal wallpaper (polyvine)

• cchardwick
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Thanks very much. I will try to get some Polyvine and see if it works. Hopefully we can get it Portugal or England.
  • cchardwick
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    The Polyvine works. We wallpapered the bathroom and then added a layer of Polyvine. Perfect. No problems. But you have to have someone who knows what they are doing apply the Polyvine. We had to bring it in from the U.K., by the way.....
  • PRO
    Create Perfect
    6 years ago

I also have some experiance with polyvine and regularly recommend it to my clients who have all given me positive reviews.

http://www.polyvine.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=97&Itemid=170&lang=en 

Good job.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.