Comments (10)

• fergie33
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Sorry, here is the house.
  • emmarene9
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

You might consider replacing the storm door with a modern version. They allow more of the entrance door to show.

Paint it the same color you paint the door. Are you happy with the yellow?

Paint the porch to match the walk or have the paint removed. It looks pink.

• leelee
    8 years ago

Agree to paint the door a single color--no outlines of white around the windows.

Paint the wrought iron railing all white or all black.

Your home looks like a mixture of styles and remodels at different times.

Maybe some new awnings over the window and door would help pull it together.

Do you have a budget?

• PRO
    Sound Painting Solutions, LLC
    8 years ago

Try painting the door and if you don’t like it replace it.

Good luck:)

• Debi MacKersie
    8 years ago
    I think removing both awnings & current storm door would help a lot. The existing door might look good if you could actually see it.
  • PRO
    Upstate Door
    8 years ago

Good question! The existing door style is consistent with the period of the house. Doors with several high windows on a diagonal were commonly installed in homes in the 50's and 60's. Since the windows are white, you may be able to achieve a more consistent look by painting the door white to match, assuming it is in good condition. Or you could replace the door with a simple vertical design with a large window (similar to the one pictured below, but without muntins) to coordinate with the bay window. We'd replace the storm door with a simple white door that complements the front door.

Upstate Door Custom Exterior Doors · More Info

• leelee
    8 years ago

I bet they're west facing and they need those awning so as not to be blinded.

• emmarene9
    8 years ago

The upper window looks like an attic space. I like the bottom awning, but I would paint it.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.