chiquit

Singaporean overseas?

Chiquit Brammall
7 years ago
Are you a Singaporean living overseas? (Or do you know someone who is?) How have you infused a touch of home in your home-away-from-home? It could be anything from a collection of Peranakan tiles used as decor, a Meykrs Gem cushion from Naiise (pictured here), or a shoe cabinet at your foyer. Do share if you have a photo, too!

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Eliot Koey
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

This antique Peranakan tile I bought on Jalan Sultan years ago now decorates the side of my bookcase. It was probably scavenged from some towkay's home that was demolished.

I have four more tiles that need framing for my place, to remind me of yummy Peranakan food in Singapore!

p.s. Around the world, they are known as Art Nouveau or Majolica tiles. They were produced in the late 19th - early 20th century, most commonly in England, Belgium and Japan.

• Joyce Ying
    7 years ago
    My kamching reminds me of my Peranakan roots.
  • PRO
    Eliot Koey
    7 years ago

Joyce that's beautiful!

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.