lydiadd

Refrigerator color

lydiadd
7 years ago
We have to buy a refrigerator for a house we are buying. Should we match the color (black) to the other appliances? Any other suggestions to update the look?

Thanks!

Comments (12)

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    7 years ago

Go with the stainless. The sides of the fridge will still be black and it will appear that everything coordinates.

• Lisa G
    7 years ago

I think most stainless fridge sides are gray and not black these days.

• Susan Mooney
    7 years ago

I would go with stainless. Lisa G is right, it will brighten the space and match the other appliances just fine.

• acm
    7 years ago

As far as other updates, the simplest ones would be a higher arched faucet and replacing the tiny knobs with larger nickel pulls. You could also paint all the kitchen outlet and switch plates to match the wall/backsplash behind them.

• Judy Mishkin
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

stainless not black. black fridges are monolithic black holes in a kitchen. and your stove and microwave look mostly stainless.... arent they?

• acm
    7 years ago

(I think even the dishwasher might be stainless.)

• PRO
    Leslie May Designs
    7 years ago

You can never go wrong with a stainless steel fridge! It looks amazing and sleek with everything!! In the long run you will definitely be glad that you went with a stainless one rather than matching the black.

• PRO
    Usman
    7 years ago

Any color with stainless steel will looks good.

• barncatz
    7 years ago

Definitely new hardware and consider pulls, not little knobs. I'm not a fan of the window treatment, either. I can't tell what the dark brown material above the 4" granite edge is but it's darkening the room and not doing much else, IMHO.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    7 years ago

Get a counter depth fridge in stainless and the sides will hardly show

• chloebud
    7 years ago

No question...stainless.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.