cathcairns

Curtains/blinds advice for bi fold door

cathcairns
7 years ago
Hi
Looking for some advice on window dressing for large bi folds doors. There is no a lot of room for curtain stack back but the room does need softening off. Any suggestions welcome

Than an

Comments (9)

• Amy Brook
    7 years ago

Have you thought about hanging a sheer curtain from the roof/edge of the door like this, a natural sheer linen would look very softening but still remain clean and simple.

Carmel Mid-Century LEED · More Info

• Julie Horobin
    7 years ago
    how about voil you can put that on a pole
  • PRO
    Grants Bespoke Blinds and Shutters
    7 years ago

Grants have a blinds for every occasion. Please visit our website www.grantsblinds.com or emaiil sales@grantsblinds.com for more information

• PRO
    AlenaCDesign
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Hello cathcairns, I will suggest to go for Roman blinds and place them on outer wall above frame.

Bi-fold doors open the bulthaup kitchen into the garden of this London Town Hous · More Info

Art&deco · More Info

• rusrat61
    7 years ago
    How about fitting a corded Metropole (have a mooch online) above the window recess? Dress this with a single voile curtain with a wave heading, stacked to the left hand side of the large bifolds. A modern and simple look which would soften the space without blocking out too much light.
  • hesmywatermelon
    7 years ago
    I'd go for a thin voile/sheer floaty curtain on a rail or track that is fixed to the ceiling!
  • PRO
    GNTS Decor
    7 years ago

If you decide to go for curtains, have a look at https://curtainringclips.co.uk/ for clips, hooks or tiebacks to soften the look of the room.

• Carolina
    7 years ago
    Fabulous looking room! Love the doors! I would hold off on deciding whether you need something on the windows to soften the room. First have your furniture in place, perhaps go for a larger rug. And with the walls finished, some art and all your furniture in place you might decide it's just perfect as is. I think that the current unfinished state makes it look 'colder' then it is.
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.