greenlinesdesign

Tired Wimbledon garden transformed to a low maintenance family space.

Contempoary Family Garden Wimbledon, London · More Info

Comments (45)

• PRO
    GreenlinesDesign Ltd
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thank you J Rogers, yes the trees was important to keep as they block a rather ugly building behind them.

• PRO
    Litecraft
    7 years ago

Looks stunning, love the accent lighting !

GreenlinesDesign Ltd thanked Litecraft
  • PRO
    GreenlinesDesign Ltd
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thank you Litecraft, we still need to take proper pictures when its darker to fully see the lighting scheme in this garden.

• Andrew Millar
    7 years ago
    very noice, really elegant.not one thing that I don't like!
    GreenlinesDesign Ltd thanked Andrew Millar
  • charlie_bill
    7 years ago

that looks lovely, now we just need the weather for you to enjoy it!

GreenlinesDesign Ltd thanked charlie_bill
  • worpeddesign
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Wow, this is gorgeous! Love the colour on your fences. What colour/brand of paint did you use on your slated fences and shed, if you don't mind me asking? :-)

GreenlinesDesign Ltd thanked worpeddesign
  • Mia Vanner
    7 years ago
    It looks amazing ! it has made the area look alot bigger !
    GreenlinesDesign Ltd thanked Mia Vanner
  • PRO
    GreenlinesDesign Ltd
    Original Author
    7 years ago

We used a dark grey paint which we then diluted with white spirits to get this transparent look for the fences, worpeddesign : )

• Cakelady
    7 years ago
    Absolutely love this garden, it's the look I want to go for. I'm having a nightmare deciding on patio slabs. What did you use as they're lovely?
    GreenlinesDesign Ltd thanked Cakelady
  • PRO
    GreenlinesDesign Ltd
    Original Author
    7 years ago

This is Grey sandstone 'Kandla Grey' and the size i think was 30 x 60cm or close to it, Emma :)

• dynamo91
    7 years ago

Beautiful garden.

• Julie H
    7 years ago
    I love this transformation. Can you tell me how the white raised edging has been created or is it a bought product?
    GreenlinesDesign Ltd thanked Julie H
  • PRO
    GreenlinesDesign Ltd
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thank you joolshicks, the retaining raised wall are built with cement blocks and then rendered and painted.

• PRO
    Made in Chiswick
    7 years ago

Love the screening in front of the shed! looks great.

• PRO
    GreenlinesDesign Ltd
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thank you made in Chiswick, the screening actually makes the garden look bigger too.

• PRO
    Made in Chiswick
    7 years ago

That's interesting and was unexpected I guess?.. I like the colour on it, did you stain the timber or paint it? ... We're actually installing some Cedar Batton screening tomorrow so I'll be looking out for the effect on the perception of size!

GreenlinesDesign Ltd thanked Made in Chiswick
  • AMB
    7 years ago
    What a transformation! It's lovely. Is that a shed or bin store at the back?
  • PRO
    GreenlinesDesign Ltd
    Original Author
    7 years ago

It's a huge shed that we painted black to make it 'disappear' behind the screens, you can she the ugly monstrosity in the before pictures at the top ; )

• Emmeline Westin
    7 years ago

Love the planters in the 7th photo! It feels like a piece of the Mediterranean found its way to your garden - beautiful!

GreenlinesDesign Ltd thanked Emmeline Westin
  • June Hulton
    7 years ago
    That's a great achievement.... Looks much bigger and very classy... I would love to have a garden like this... Brilliant
    GreenlinesDesign Ltd thanked June Hulton
  • claire_mellon
    7 years ago
    Really well done !!
    GreenlinesDesign Ltd thanked claire_mellon
  • totallytrees
    7 years ago

What a fabulous makeover and with lots of features that anyone could try in their own garden - I love it!

GreenlinesDesign Ltd thanked totallytrees
  • PRO
    HDEM Interiors
    7 years ago

This really is an extension to the home, I could imagine spending many hours sitting in this wonderful garden. Gorgeous

GreenlinesDesign Ltd thanked HDEM Interiors
  • PRO
    Rob Crawshaw Photo
    7 years ago

Looks great! Very clean lines.

GreenlinesDesign Ltd thanked Rob Crawshaw Photo
  • Soraya
    7 years ago
    Looks fantastic! Well done. Where did you get the large planters and structural plants from?
    GreenlinesDesign Ltd thanked Soraya
  • sharonnormanton
    7 years ago

What a clever idea to camouflage an existing useful old shed, it looks so good, I shall definitely be keeping that idea in my scrapbook. Thank you

GreenlinesDesign Ltd thanked sharonnormanton
  • Norma Wiles
    7 years ago

Is the lawn real or have you used imitation grass?

GreenlinesDesign Ltd thanked Norma Wiles
  • PRO
    Made in Chiswick
    7 years ago
    Hi again, is it possible you could tell me where you bought the slatted screen in front of the shed?
    GreenlinesDesign Ltd thanked Made in Chiswick
  • PRO
    GreenlinesDesign Ltd
    Original Author
    7 years ago

The lawn is artificial, as the clients children wants to play ball on the lawn year around. And the slatted trellis screens are fro Jacksons Fencing.

• Daisy England
    7 years ago
    Love it. Very nice.
    GreenlinesDesign Ltd thanked Daisy England
  • Norma Wiles
    7 years ago

Thanks for you reply it's a beautiful garden .

GreenlinesDesign Ltd thanked Norma Wiles
  • Soraya
    7 years ago
    Where did you get the large planters/ plant pots from? They look great!
    GreenlinesDesign Ltd thanked Soraya
  • PRO
    AG Interiors
    7 years ago

Love the transformation - well done .....

GreenlinesDesign Ltd thanked AG Interiors
  • PRO
    GreenlinesDesign Ltd
    Original Author
    7 years ago

The planters are from Evergreen Pots, not sure if they still got them though as this was last year.

• PRO
    Stone & Ceramic Warehouse
    7 years ago

Absolutely stunning garden design! Love that it will be easy to maintain but yet still has lots of character, and that paint on the fences does look gorgeous :) well done, you must be so pleased!

GreenlinesDesign Ltd thanked Stone & Ceramic Warehouse
  • PRO
    VC Design Architectural Services
    7 years ago
    Fantastic! to all those that have picked Maria's brains, you would be well advised to get a pro in when doing your garden money well spent, and Gavin from Greenlines is a perfectionist in both hard and soft landscaping. It's all in the execution after all
    Pity so many people are resorting to fake lawn nowadays, but it's so hard to keep and urban garden lawn from getting patchy and sodden in winter...
    GreenlinesDesign Ltd thanked VC Design Architectural Services
  • denise7125
    7 years ago
    Great transformation...I completely agree that getting the experts in is vital if you don't have the time or skill to do it yourself. That said, there is a lot of satisfaction to be gained from planning your own space and then either executing it yourself or then getting someone in, not to mention money to be saved! I would be very happy with this garden if it were mine.
    GreenlinesDesign Ltd thanked denise7125
  • chabbaa
    7 years ago
    We are looking for a very similar makeover for our garden... How much can one expect to pay for such a transformation? It looks fantastic!
  • PRO
    Hamilton interiors
    7 years ago

Gorgeous like an additional room to the house

GreenlinesDesign Ltd thanked Hamilton interiors
  • PRO
    Jacksons Fencing
    7 years ago

Hello,

We would love to feature your project on our website as part of our customer projects. You can see some examples here - http://www.jacksons-fencing.co.uk/pages/news/customer_projects.aspx 

We usually include a few paragraphs on the background of the project and design ideas, as well as a selection of photos.

I hope this is something you are interested in and I look forward to hearing from you. Many thanks, Sam

GreenlinesDesign Ltd thanked Jacksons Fencing
  • PRO
    GreenlinesDesign Ltd
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Hi Sam, give us a call and we can discuss this - sounds like a great idea.

• PRO
    GreenlinesDesign Ltd
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Hi Chabbaa, sorry for the late reply. Cost all depends on the condition of the site to start with, size of the garden and access, we keep as close to the client's budget as possible based on their 'wish list' each garden is bespoke so it is almost impossible to answer. This garden did however come to approx £40k as we re-did everything from fences to installing irrigation and lighting and used a full mature planting.

• PRO
    Jonathon Charles Garden Design
    7 years ago
    I particularly like the way you have disguised the shed with the screen- looks great.
    GreenlinesDesign Ltd thanked Jonathon Charles Garden Design
  • louisetomlin
    7 years ago

Love what you have done Green Lines Design, particularly the grey Venetain panels - well done!

GreenlinesDesign Ltd thanked louisetomlin
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.