nahb

Attn Pros: Which design do you want for the official NAHB Houzz badge?

National Association of Home Builders
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

NAHB and Houzz have joined forces to create an exclusive social badge for NAHB members to add to their websites.

We need your help deciding on the design! Simply vote for your favorite below.

Green Square Badge
Rectangle Badge
White Square Badge

Comments (12)

• PRO
    Potter Construction Inc
    7 years ago

White one for sure. The green one looks too much like the Houzz badge. I think you want to call out the featured out Houzz, but not look like you ARE Houzz.

• PRO
    Signature Glass Inc.
    7 years ago

I voted for the green square but think where it says Member of should be in red or blue to use NAHB's colors.

• PRO
    Varnado Builders L.L.C.
    7 years ago

A professional sign guy told me that white creates a hole your eyes are drawn to, so I voted for the square white back ground based on that idea, but anyone of those would work. Thanks

• PRO
    Cure Design Group
    7 years ago

White for sure! The green is too much, looks cheap

• PRO
    Designline kitchens
    7 years ago

sorry none of them They lack creativity or aesthetic appeal

• PRO
    CK Independent Living Builders
    7 years ago

Sorry, but don't care for any of them. Just too bland and blah.

Not sure what the deadline is for the badge, but since there are many design professionals on Houzz and in NAHB, maybe there should have been a contest for the design; and having the top 5 be voted on. The winner could receive some sort of prize that would enhance their business profile on Houzz or NAHB.

• Dana Veach
    7 years ago

The green square badge is confusing. Your eye immediately sees "member of" and "featured on" rather than the pertinent information "NAHB" and "HOUZZ." For this reason, I like the smaller rectangular white badge because "NAHB" and HOUZZ" are the first items your eye is drawn to...thereby communicating the significant information immediately. With only two lines of print, it's also a more balanced, professional, and tasteful looking design...less chaotic in appearance. That's my 2 cents anyway. Thanks for asking.

• PRO
    Mountain MT Homes LLC
    7 years ago

Agree with Dana as the color feature should not be needed as the 2 associations joining together has there own specific look, don't need to add bling to it to be noticed. If it is once displayed on a site , everyone knows the colors and what it stands for. Don't cartoon it up!

Ken

• PRO
    Red Oak Construction of Ennice, Inc.
    7 years ago

I think the white one because it will stand out on all our pages

• Susan King
    7 years ago

I do not understand why you shouldn't make them all available to the featured NAHB members, whatever size and shape is appropriate to use in the situation, advertising, social media, on the side of their tuck door.... Why limit the choices? They are all good!

• Mary Nigro
    7 years ago

The green badge is horrible. I think people are responding to the color but the layout is poor. The second is just busy and hard to read and boring. The rectangle is also boring but at least easy to read and professional. It would look better with more interesting typeface and maybe the border could be beefed up. None of this would matter if this wasn't for a design site. Sorry!

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.