dkokesch

Man Cave dilemma

Debra
7 years ago
I need help with the long narrow room it is 12 feet wide in one area and 9 feet wide by the TV please help in how to decorate this room. We looked at furniture yesterday and found a love seat recliner with a thing in the middle to hold your beverage. With that piece in the middle it's almost as big as a sofa. We are looking for like a love seat or a chair and a half to fit in that area the best or if you have any other ideas please let me know. I'm at a loss at how to decorate this space. There is also a patio door across from the fireplace

Comments (15)

• PRO
    Sofas & Stuff
    7 years ago

Hi,

Here's an idea for you.

Haresfield large sofa in Rockall Natural · More Info
    By placing a lighter piece of furniture in with the leather sofa you already have it will bring a bit of brightness to the room, place some nice dark oak side tables either side to rest your beer on and you are all set!

Or add a bit of colour to add depth!

Purbrook Chair · More Info

Hope this helps!

Sofas & Stuff

• PRO
    Huston & Company
    7 years ago

This is a great resource for smaller pieces of furniture, and custom sizes for sofas, chair-and-a-half, etc. Check them out. Their products are very well made and "green". CondoFurniture

• Rina
    7 years ago

I agree with Elle on the placement of the TV and the sofa. I can't see any other arrangement working well.

• Debra
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    The tv is so big there's not enough space in that area to put the sofa on the big wall. It would be too close for watching. We also have a heater on that wall
  • Rina
    7 years ago

Would you consider making the other side of the room your TV watching area? It may be easier said than done, I know.

• decoenthusiaste
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

How many people do you need to seat at one time? Only one person will sit in a 1.5 chair or on a loveseat. They are very undesirable seating. The room seems to have a natural 3-4 zone layout. Hang TV under the tiny window which you can darken with black out blinds or shades. There you have room for your sofa, a pair of chairs and a coffee table. At the fireplace place a pair of swivel glider recliners with a side table between them. The larger space right of the FP might handle a pool table. In the smaller end put a bar or a game/poker table. Once the furniture is lined out, we'll help place your art and mounts. Major upgraded needed for the "builder's special" ceiling fixtures, and don't forget table lamps.

Three Light Rubbed Oil Bronze Drum Shade Semi-Flush Mount · More Info

Quoizel Cloverdale Semi-Flush Mount Light, Mottled Cocoa · More Info

• Debra
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Love your idea about seating at the other end. I don't think a pool table would also work with that idea. The ceilings are 8 ft. I don't know if lights like that would work. Thanks for the ideas though. I'd like to hear more
  • decoenthusiaste
    7 years ago

This one is only 8.5" and very masculine. Below is a link to a guide for sizing a pool table. What is the length of the room? Do you have a floor plan or can you rough one out. How big is your sofa and how wide (edge to edge, not corner to corner) is TV?

Murray Feiss SF272ORB Stelle Semi Flush Mount, Oil Rubbed Bronze · More Info
    https://www.brunswickbilliards.com/room-size-requirements

• Rina
    7 years ago

The last light Deco posted is a brilliant choice.

• Rina
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Where a pool table won't fit, a darts board may. I don't know why, but darts games are just as testosterone-driven as wrestling matches. :-)

• acm
    7 years ago

I'm not sure the OP meant to turn the whole room into a man cave! :)

still, agree with three zones, and with moving TV to opposite end. then the fireplace zone is a cozy nook for reading or sipping wine, and the middle may suggest ideas -- could have a game table with a cabinets for storage, could have a conversational arrangement, might be time for a piano! :))

• Debra
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    I have a baby grand upstairs
  • PRO
    Holly Anderson Fine Art
    7 years ago

Here's a great piece of art i can see in your space. It's available in several sizes and medias here: http://fineartamerica.com/featured/intertwined-holly-anderson.html

• decoenthusiaste
    7 years ago

Looks like the art is nailed down with the framed pieces and mounts, but that is interesting, Holly Anderson Fine Art.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.